SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mark-Up On 2019 Explorer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark-Up On 2019 Explorer Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I am a retired carguy, but most all of my old contacts are also retired. Any idea as to the difference between invoice and list on the new Explorers. I am going to guess between 5 and 7 percent.

Thanks

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Is the 2018 a full model change? If so, best to wait a year and things calm down.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Until it actually hits, I don't think anyone is going to have a very accurate perspective on just what markup will be. I don't believe the 2019 is a full redesign, so that leads me to guess that markup won't be too much different than on the 2018's.

If you want to get your heart beating fast though, check out the pricing on the new SV (i.e. Performance) version of the 2019 Explorer.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I ran it through Edmunds. For a very base model it came out 43,888 invoice, 45,910 MSRP. Of course this is noninclusive of anything incentive-wise.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The full redesign is a 2020. You would get a better price on the 2019 if you wait until the 2020 hits the lot.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. This info is for a friend who hates buying new vehicles. He is a physics major who spent his career as a programmer. He does not like dealing with people.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post