SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glad I don't live in Canada
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glad I don't live in Canada Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
http://thechronicleherald.ca/n...-man-in-home-charged

A man is charged with attempted murder and a raft of firearms offenses after helping fend off home invaders, one of whom he’s now charged with shooting.

Kyle Earl Munroe was arrested on July 12 after RCMP and Halifax Regional Police responded to a report of a home invasion involving firearms at a home in Porters Lake.

Police said that three men entered the residence with guns and a struggle took place with two men inside.

The two in the home seized a firearm from one of the suspects and several shots were fired as the suspects fled. Police later located one of the suspects, who had non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.

Munroe faces charges of attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.

“Right now they’re just pending charges,” said spokeswoman Chris Hansen at the Public Prosecution Service.

Munroe is banned from any contact with two named individuals, must attend court as ordered, keep the peace and be of good behavior, not leave his residence except for essential activities such as work or medical appointments, remain in Nova Scotia, not consume drugs or alcohol, not possess a cellphone or pager, have no weapons, and answer the door to police when they check at his home.

Munroe is due back in Dartmouth Provincial Court on Aug. 22 for election and plea.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
There's gotta be more to that.

Or not.

I love America.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
They might be getting as bad as Great Britain, or there are material facts being left out of the story.

Either way, I prefer our legal system over any other I've studied.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad this guy won't have a pager anymore. He has clearly demonstrated he can't handle such a device. Our northern neighbors should sleep better knowing this guy won't be doing any shenanigans with his pager any more.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've got a hunch everyone involved is a criminal of some sort with priors.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
this story is a head scratcher ain't it

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Wait, did I read that right? The three home invaders brought the gun(s) into the home they were invading. The two occupants of said invaded home took a gun from the invaders, fired shots, and are now being charged with "improper storage of a firearm...[AND] possession for the purpose of trafficking."

Unless there is a shit-tonne more to this story, I can't even fathom how the reported circumstances could lead to the two bolded charges, especially the latter. Possession...perhaps in the outermost, but "for the purpose of trafficking"????

You to try kill me, so I grab your gun...to sell it illegally????

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:Unless there is a shit-tonne more to this story, I can't even fathom how the reported circumstances could lead to the two bolded charges, especially the latter. Possession...perhaps in the outermost, but "for the purpose of trafficking"????

I'd go with Blackmore's hunch that they are all n'er do wells and the home invasion was a long way from random.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking ALL of them bad guys. Probably invaded the guys trailer/home for drugs, money, payback violence, etc.

He got a gun away, and was able to get them out of his home, then shot at them a bit.

Would be nice to know all of the story though.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sounds like England where you have to let them kill you, or go to jail.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought at first I was reading the script to a Monty Python sketch.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW: They might be getting as bad as Great Britain the entire United Kingdom, and most everywhere else on earth, or there are material facts being left out of the story. Rob

Fixed it for ya.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Pure BS, Sir.

You've been reading way to much garbage about the UK.

Around four thousand of MY posts aught to have straightened your ideas about the UK by now.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

Pure BS, Sir.

Around four thousand of MY posts aught to have straightened your ideas about the UK by now.

tac

Don't imagine you'd have much luck with The Man should you come out for a midnight snack, to find some ne'er-do-well running his dickbeaters through your collection of Star Wars plates, and then proceed to take big, meaty, chunks out of him with a Mossberg 590. Because that's how I would do it, wiener flopping and all, and just him being in here, where I watch lesbians and all, would be enough to clear me. No other reason than, "My door was locked, and he came in anyhow, so the gauge got a workout."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pure BS, Sir.

Comedian Doug Stanhope, in one of his routines from a few years ago, said that used to be, he didn't understand why his comedy routine was not fixing society's problems. "I already covered this shit, right? Shouldn't be a problem any more."

Stanhope realized- as you need to- that it doesn't work that way.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107581 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Something tells me we don't have the entire story here

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Pure BS, Sir.

Comedian Doug Stanhope, in one of his routines from a few years ago, said that used to be, he didn't understand why his comedy routine was not fixing society's problems. "I already covered this shit, right? Shouldn't be a problem any more."

Stanhope realized- as you need to- that it doesn't work that way.

Gotcha.

tac

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Pure BS, Sir.

tac

You mean those stories where you had to wear one of those knife-proof flack-jackets and just let them stab you are not true>>> ??? Confused
With no fighting back of course. Frown

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:You mean those stories where you had to wear one of those knife-proof flack-jackets and just let them stab you are not true>>> ??? Confused
With no fighting back of course. Frown

Trust me, when a British police officer gets 'offered' the pointy end of a knife the takedown can be every bit as brutal as that by any US police officer in responding.

tac