New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Horse Day Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
Meet Imperial Mark. 3 year old, 16.1 hands.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
He's a looker for sure. I love the rust color of his coat. How old is he?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
3 yo. Just a baby. Going to need a lot of handling.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem to be camera shy...nice looker. He's a keeper. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
A fine looking steed indeed

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congrats! How exciting!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
3 yo. Just a baby. Going to need a lot of handling.

That's the truly fun part.

So much he'll need to learn. We always did riding, driving, trail, show, and cowboy challenge with ours.

That makes em' a truly family horse.

Don't know what you've planned but my last was 16.2. Good size to me.

Does he/she have a warm blood's disposition?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Dont know about the warm blood disposition yet. He's very sweet, seems eager to please, is curious and wants to be with people. He's also smart and a bit puckish. This is going to be fun.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Sweet, smart and eager to please are great qualities to me.

His ears seem to say he's unsure about things but the confidence from you, presumably, is gonna change him soon.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meet Imperial Mark. 3 year old, 16.1 hands.

Congrats! I don't know the first thing about horses but I know a handsome animal when I see it. Smile

Keep us posted with his training progress.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

His ears seem to say he's unsure about things but the confidence from you, presumably, is gonna change him soon.

He's going to be fine. He was only about one hour off the trailer when I took the pics. He was in a jumping arena which is totally new to him and his new heard were being assholes in the adjoining field.

Patience, kindness and guidance and he will be a superstar.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

He's going to be fine. He was only about one hour off the trailer when I took the pics. He was in a jumping arena which is totally new to him and his new heard were being assholes in the adjoining field.

Patience, kindness and guidance and he will be a superstar.

I'm sure he will. I thought it was his new place picture. I was gonna ask.

I prefer a horse that you can bring confidence to. I actually was looking for that.

But some are just overconfident and obnoxious for my taste.

No problem intended.

I'm now disabled and I frankly miss the whole process. I'd love to be training my own horse again.

Living through your posts. Smile

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
And no problem inferred! I'd love to be able to train to carriage, but I have no experience with that. We (the Beautiful Girl and I) have a lot of natural horsemanship, hunter and western experience, but we don't know carriages.

This guy seems to want to learn, but he is so green, he didn't know how to back up to get off the trailer. It took 15 minutes, and removing the center divider, to get him off. He was NOT going backwards. Lots of work to do...

He's an absolute sweetheart and we will bring him along properly.

Tubetone, if you are anywhere near Clermont/Groveland Florida, please come by and meet him. We'd love to have the benefit of your experience.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
And no problem inferred! I'd love to be able to train to carriage, but I have no experience with that. We (the Beautiful Girl and I) have a lot of natural horsemanship, hunter and western experience, but we don't know carriages.

This guy seems to want to learn, but he is so green, he didn't know how to back up to get off the trailer. It took 15 minutes, and removing the center divider, to get him off. He was NOT going backwards. Lots of work to do...

He's an absolute sweetheart and we will bring him along properly.

Tubetone, if you are anywhere near Clermont/Groveland Florida, please come by and meet him. We'd love to have the benefit of your experience.

Thanks but I'm in Hawaii now. At this point I can't survive another plane trip so zero chance being down your way. But, I appreciate the offer.

I like the natural horseman style. My wife took training from Ray Hunt in our home town back in the 60's and 70's.

Using Clinton Anderson in later years. Driving took special learning for me as well as training from some top notch folks.

I'll enjoy your posts if you keep this thread along the way.

My wife is the one with multiple horse training experiences. I've only had part in three or four over my life. And, one that's left me longing for doing it again so it's not like I could really help.

A good foundation and developing that trust is key to me.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't know horses but he's a beautiful animal.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
As others have stated, what I don't know about horses would fill a very large book, but I know what I like. Smile That is one beautiful horse.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I won't pollute your thread with pics, but my (adult) daughter just put a deposit on her new horse last night in Nashvegas. A 7 year old QH that's 16.1 and a Bay.

You could almost feel the glow emanating off her as she came through the door on the return trip. Sooooo happy she's getting him. I know it is probably the same for you, but she was out of horses all through vet school so she's filling a terrible gap in her life with this new one.

Good looking horse you have there, have fun with him!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What breed ?? Quarter horse ?? Gelding ? I like his attitude....just looking around, not "wild eyed"....looks ready to learn.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
He's a thoroughbred gelding.

posted Hide Post
I used to live across the road from a gentleman who raised thoroughbreds to race…. It was great fun to see the mares and foals running from one end of the pasture to the other and back again ….just for the sheer joy of running !!

They would all just be standing around and then one of the youngsters would rear up or buck a bit and then start running.....all of the others would follow.... I could sit at my dining room table and watch the whole show ! Smile

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post