SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What does the Tooth Fairy give in your house?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does the Tooth Fairy give in your house? Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted
Our 8yr old son just lost another tooth tonight. He cracks me up, he's overly sensitive and worries about the slightest pain inducing thing, but when those teeth start coming out, and wiggling he will stop at nothing and yank them out himself. The tooth fairy in our house has always given Eisenhower dollars, that's what my parents did for me and luckily 10 or so years back I happened to get 200 of them at a US Bank for face value.

Question:
What's the going rate for the Tooth Fairy in your house?

Choices:
Eisenhower dollar
Kennedy Half dollar
$2 bill
Susan B Anthony dollar
"Gold dollar" (President, Native American, etc)
1oz American Gold Eagle!
1oz American Silver Eagle!
1 share of Berkshire Hathaway stock
Other

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Tooth fairy here at Casa de Mike, delivers “golden doubloons” gold colored one dollar pieces. ABout a decade ago I bought two rolls from a friend at his gun store after I was telling him how The Tomminator had lost his first Toof.

My buddy had these rolls in his cash drawer and said how it would be cool for him to get gold doubloons. And that is what we have done since.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I said the Silver Eagle.

It is, literally, an American Silver Dollar. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
$2 and a chocolate coin.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifty cent piece. Wish I would have kept them!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Cheeseburger.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
My son lost his first tooth earlier this year. I fished out five gold dollars from my change bowl, polished them up nice and shiny with some Nevr-Dull and that's what he got. Had him put the tooth in a padded ring box on his nightstand and swapped it for the coins once he was out cold. The look on his face when he opened the box was worth it. I told him the tooth fairy had given him a coin for every year he'd had that tooth, and that's what she does the first time. After that, you get a gold coin for each tooth.

I was out of town for the second one and my wife give him a few sorry-looking paper dollar bills instead. Roll Eyes

I need to get a roll of them to keep on hand.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My oldest lost his first tooth right when we got up to our summer home and the smallest denomination I had was a $20. From then on, it was $20 for the first tooth and $5 for each additional tooth.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
My oldest lost his first tooth right when we got up to our summer home and the smallest denomination I had was a $20. From then on, it was $20 for the first tooth and $5 for each additional tooth.

Same thing happened to my sister in law. Her sons tooth came out quicker than expected.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
$1 bill. Looking at those options, a dollar coin would have been cooler though, but being half way through my tooth fairy career I can’t switch now.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a number of SBA's, Eisenhower, and Peace dollars, but the best was the 1890 Morgan (CC) that was left to my grandfather when his father passed, and was given to my father when he lost his last tooth, and I have now given to my daughter. If my daughter looses it, I'll probably loose it.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My son is 50.
Back in the day we gave him a crisp $1.00 bill for every tooth lost.
It had value in the 70s.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the gold dollar (not actual gold) coins are cool IMO

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
$5 bill.
Inflation, dontchaknow.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Couple of bucks. But the Tooth Fairy has to leave it down stairs. My son now 7. When he was about 4 watched the movie "The Tooth Fairy" with The Rock in it.

Ever since then when he looses a tooth. The thought of Dwayne Johnson sneaking into his room in the middle of the night freaks him out! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Whatever he has in his pocketseses at the time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It's been a few years now but $5 as I recall. $10 a day late that time we both went to bed and forgot...... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Wow, should have invested in tooth futures! When I was a kid, it was a dime at first, then sometimes a quarter when I wasn't losing many any more.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got quarters. The next generation got video games for their Gameboys. Blame their mom for that dichotomy.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
It varies from pocket change to $20. Tooth fairy is getting old and forgetful.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post