SIGforum
What does the Tooth Fairy give in your house?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5260067174

June 28, 2020, 09:22 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
What does the Tooth Fairy give in your house?
Our 8yr old son just lost another tooth tonight. He cracks me up, he's overly sensitive and worries about the slightest pain inducing thing, but when those teeth start coming out, and wiggling he will stop at nothing and yank them out himself. The tooth fairy in our house has always given Eisenhower dollars, that's what my parents did for me and luckily 10 or so years back I happened to get 200 of them at a US Bank for face value.What's the going rate for the Tooth Fairy in your house?Eisenhower dollarKennedy Half dollar$2 billSusan B Anthony dollar"Gold dollar" (President, Native American, etc)1oz American Gold Eagle!1oz American Silver Eagle!1 share of Berkshire Hathaway stockOther
June 28, 2020, 09:27 PM
MikeinNC
Tooth fairy here at Casa de Mike, delivers “golden doubloons” gold colored one dollar pieces. ABout a decade ago I bought two rolls from a friend at his gun store after I was telling him how The Tomminator had lost his first Toof.

My buddy had these rolls in his cash drawer and said how it would be cool for him to get gold doubloons. And that is what we have done since.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
June 28, 2020, 09:38 PM
LS1 GTO
I said the Silver Eagle.

It is, literally, an American Silver Dollar. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

June 28, 2020, 10:13 PM
Mutiny
$2 and a chocolate coin.
June 29, 2020, 03:46 AM
YooperSigs
Fifty cent piece. Wish I would have kept them!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 29, 2020, 03:59 AM
Nismo
Cheeseburger.
June 29, 2020, 04:57 AM
P220 Smudge
My son lost his first tooth earlier this year. I fished out five gold dollars from my change bowl, polished them up nice and shiny with some Nevr-Dull and that's what he got. Had him put the tooth in a padded ring box on his nightstand and swapped it for the coins once he was out cold. The look on his face when he opened the box was worth it. I told him the tooth fairy had given him a coin for every year he'd had that tooth, and that's what she does the first time. After that, you get a gold coin for each tooth.

I was out of town for the second one and my wife give him a few sorry-looking paper dollar bills instead. Roll Eyes

I need to get a roll of them to keep on hand.

June 29, 2020, 05:07 AM
trapper189
My oldest lost his first tooth right when we got up to our summer home and the smallest denomination I had was a $20. From then on, it was $20 for the first tooth and $5 for each additional tooth.
June 29, 2020, 05:51 AM
gpbst3
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
My oldest lost his first tooth right when we got up to our summer home and the smallest denomination I had was a $20. From then on, it was $20 for the first tooth and $5 for each additional tooth.

Same thing happened to my sister in law. Her sons tooth came out quicker than expected.

June 29, 2020, 06:01 AM
esdunbar
$1 bill. Looking at those options, a dollar coin would have been cooler though, but being half way through my tooth fairy career I can’t switch now.
June 29, 2020, 06:04 AM
280nosler
I received a number of SBA's, Eisenhower, and Peace dollars, but the best was the 1890 Morgan (CC) that was left to my grandfather when his father passed, and was given to my father when he lost his last tooth, and I have now given to my daughter. If my daughter looses it, I'll probably loose it.
June 29, 2020, 06:16 AM
msfzoe
My son is 50.
Back in the day we gave him a crisp $1.00 bill for every tooth lost.
It had value in the 70s.
June 29, 2020, 06:40 AM
Sig209
the gold dollar (not actual gold) coins are cool IMO

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
June 29, 2020, 08:23 AM
VictimNoMore
$5 bill.
Inflation, dontchaknow.
June 29, 2020, 08:46 AM
myrottiety
Couple of bucks. But the Tooth Fairy has to leave it down stairs. My son now 7. When he was about 4 watched the movie "The Tooth Fairy" with The Rock in it.

Ever since then when he looses a tooth. The thought of Dwayne Johnson sneaking into his room in the middle of the night freaks him out! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
June 29, 2020, 08:47 AM
RHINOWSO
Whatever he has in his pocketseses at the time.
June 29, 2020, 09:14 AM
Georgeair
It's been a few years now but $5 as I recall. $10 a day late that time we both went to bed and forgot...... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

June 29, 2020, 10:14 AM
architect
Wow, should have invested in tooth futures! When I was a kid, it was a dime at first, then sometimes a quarter when I wasn't losing many any more.
June 29, 2020, 10:30 AM
monoblok
I got quarters. The next generation got video games for their Gameboys. Blame their mom for that dichotomy.

-MG
June 29, 2020, 10:55 AM
1KPerDay
It varies from pocket change to $20. Tooth fairy is getting old and forgetful.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.