SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The stuff we end up keeping around....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The stuff we end up keeping around.... Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Anybody still running an 6.2 GM diesel?
I just found an old metal coffee can full of coarse and fine thread injectors. These were in the house for some reason.
We won’t get into what is “stored” in the old dairy barn on mom’s place. I know there is a 6.2GM section, a Mack section, a Cummins (big cam 400) section and even a 5.7GM diesel section....

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
You don't know the half of it,I just let a scrap guy take two 350 chevy heads ,havent had that van for twenty years.
There was A and L coils from serviceable ac jobs sections of line sets.
I was becoming one of them hoarder creatures like on t v

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I still have a set of hubcaps for a 1963 VW Variant, which was my first car.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What'da'ya'mean?

Anyone in the Seattle Area want a brand new Jaguar trunk and 4 rims?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Shoot yeah, my Dad has an 89 2500 Suburban with a built 6.2 with a Banks turbo kit on it. Killed the trans, again, recently and currently have it at the shop getting the trans rebuilt.

That thing is huge and still gets around 21 mpg on the road. He refuses to get rid of it although his DD is now a Honda Ridgeline.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
You don't want to see my attic and crawl space. They are filled with spare 65 - 67 GM A Body (Cutlass, Chevelle, GTO) parts. I'll need them someday. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bluecobra:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

Shoot yeah, my Dad has an 89 2500 Suburban with a built 6.2 with a Banks turbo kit on it. Killed the trans, again, recently and currently have it at the shop getting the trans rebuilt.

That thing is huge and still gets around 21 mpg on the road. He refuses to get rid of it although his DD is now a Honda Ridgeline.

Dad had an 83 'burb with the Gale Banks Turbo. Same experience.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6.2, what a hunk of shit! And I'm a GM fan-boy. We had one in a flatbed wrecker, it was like playing the lottery every time I went on a service call.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I have a a number of homemade tools and a number of suspension parts for a 95 4Runner that I haven't owned in some time.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well, if anybody finds a 650 BSA or a 305 Superhawk they want removed........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I've got a bunch of home made tools. Modified, really. The best is my modified 9/16s box end wrench. It started life as 9/16s offset. But there was one place on the jeep that was a problem to say the least. I think it was a starter bolt that there just wasn't clearance to get anything on. One friend had tried using a universal socket, and it kind of worked. You could back the bolt out until the universal part hit the tranny, but then it was jammed. The offset wrench was perfect, and a 12 point to boot.

Someone suggested I take it back to Sears, but I was still satisfied with it. Remember when they used to tell you on TV? It wasn't the tool they were guaranteeing, it was your satisfaction.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post