SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ibram X. Kendi, an American author who became the new director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University in July, railed against Barrett on Twitter for adopting two Black children from Haiti, equating her and her husband to “White colonizers.”

I'm surprised it took this long for the "white savior" card to be played.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The media is a pathetic one trick pony.

They clearly knew what the situation was, and refused to report it properly, then again that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The left wasn't ever going to tell anyone the truth... I'd bet as others have said her decisions on the court were not hers over the past year, written by her clerks....

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too soon?

That's sick. Brilliant, but sick. But brilliant. But, you know, sick.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Too soon?

That's sick. Brilliant, but sick. But brilliant. But, you know, sick.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I never said it was untimely!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Kendi is a bigot. Putting him in charge of antiracist research is like putting David Duke in charge. It's a sick irony.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
BTW, if any of your lib friends are upset that the constitution will be the law of the land again and they are stuck in ReeeeeeReeeeReeeee mode, ask them which Justice Ginsberg replaced.

(Justice White, strict constitutionalist)

This is a great point. I didn't know anything about Byron White, so I read the wiki on him. Interesting stuff, especially since I live in Colorado. I didn't know he wrote the dissenting opinion in Roe v Wade.

He also swore in Clarence Thomas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_White

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/DailyCalle...F1310667695952728066
quote:
Kamala Harris mistakenly refers to the “Notorious RBG” as the rapper “Notorious BIG” while speaking about President Trump’s SCOTUS nomination today

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
https://twitter.com/DailyCalle...F1310667695952728066
quote:
Kamala Harris mistakenly refers to the “Notorious RBG” as the rapper “Notorious BIG” while speaking about President Trump’s SCOTUS nomination today

One wonders if she loved it when you called her big poppa?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
One wonders if she loved it when you called her big poppa?

Throw the law in the air if you a true playa...

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Byron “Whizzer” White was appointed by JFK.
He’s one of the few cases of a justice “growing in office” by moving to the right.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So the democrats have "formally" requested that the confirmation be delayed.

‘Urge You To Delay Consideration’ — Sen. Feinstein Formally Asks To Delay Amy Coney Barrett’s Confirmation

To which the republicans should "formally" reply, in the form of a handwritten letter from McConnel to Schumer...

NUTS!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Archbishop Chaput: Amy Coney Barrett Is a ‘Nightmare’ for Progressives

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...htmare-progressives/

The indomitable Archbishop Charles J. Chaput has called out the left for its rabid attacks on Judge Amy Coney Barrett, arguing that believing Catholics are not “extremists.”

“Barrett’s life story suggests that she actually believes and seeks to live what her Catholic faith teaches,” Chaput noted in an essay this week in First Things. “Worse, she has a superb intellect, a deep grasp of the law, and an excellent record as a jurist.”

“In other words, she’s a nightmare for a certain kind of political tribe,” he observes.

Some in our political class now view with suspicion “Catholics who are more than merely ‘nominal’ in their faith,” he said.

In the eyes of the Democrat party, it’s not being a member of the Catholic Church that’s the problem, he noted. “If you’re photographed piously with your rosary beads at prayer—even better.”

But if you are a Catholic who actually believes and tries to practice what the Church teaches, that makes you dangerous, he suggests.

“In Bill Maher’s immortal words, a woman like Amy Coney Barrett, whatever her professional credentials, is just ‘a [expletive] nut,’” Chaput writes.

The archbishop makes mention of the hostile, anti-Catholic grilling that Barrett was subjected to by Sen. Dianne Feinstein three years ago, when the senator famously declared that “the dogma lives loudly within you. And that’s of concern.”

While Feinstein’s anti-Catholicism is particularly crass, he observes, it is hardly unusual.

“Disdain for vigorous religious convictions, especially the Catholic kind, is a virus that’s going around. It seems to infect a number of Democratic senators, including Sen. Kamala Harris,” he noted, in reference to Harris’ assault on another judicial appointee for his membership in the Knights of Columbus.

Painting “dissenting Catholics as ‘mainstream Americans’ and believing Catholics as ‘extremists’ — now a common and thoroughly dishonest culture war technique — is a particular affront to the free exercise of religion,” Chaput declared.

The archbishop is not alone in his concern over the growing anti-Catholic hostility of the Democrat party.

Earlier this week, Catholic League president Bill Donohue wrote that “anti-Catholicism is engulfing the Biden camp,” referring in particular to Nikitha Rai, Deputy Data Director for the Biden campaign, who has argued that “Barrett’s Catholic beliefs should bar her from serving.”

When Rai was asked whether Barrett’s positions on marriage and sexuality were not the “standard position” for any orthodox Catholic, Rai answered, “Unfortunately, yes.”

In Rai’s mind, “any person of faith who holds to biblical teachings on marriage and sexuality is intolerant and should be barred from serving on the Supreme Court,” Donohue noted.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
This FRIGHTENING visage now appears on a pumpkin just in time to scare the bejabbers out of Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween. Eek

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Ralph Nader Duesenberg

Posts: 8613 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Did I just hear that the Senate will convene until October 19th? That would be unacceptable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that is the date Graham mentioned.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Graham originally said hearings would begin on the 12th.

ETA: Ok, the hearing is still scheduled for the 12th.

Carry on

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So the democrats have "formally" requested that the confirmation be delayed.

‘Urge You To Delay Consideration’ — Sen. Feinstein Formally Asks To Delay Amy Coney Barrett’s Confirmation

To which the republicans should "formally" reply, in the form of a handwritten letter from McConnel to Schumer...

NUTS!

Formal response; "letmethinkaboutitno." Simple and to the point.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post