SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen leaning on a U.S. Marshall after leaving a New York City hospital for tests, DailyMail.com exclusive photos show.

The 86-year-old's hand was held by the Marshall as she walked up the stairs into a private residence on the Upper East Side after her appointment at the Howard Laboratory at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital on Thursday.

Ginsburg is a three-time cancer survivor, beating colon cancer in 1999, pancreatic cancer in 2009 and, most recently, lung cancer in 2018…”

https://mol.im/a/7387385

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ginsburg is a three-time cancer survivor, beating colon cancer in 1999, pancreatic cancer in 2009 and, most recently, lung cancer in 2018…”

All while being on obamacare, right? Just like congress?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what you think of her politics, I want to know who her doctor is.
I'm getting older too.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Regardless of what you think of her politics, I want to know who her doctor is.
While competent health care certainly plays a factor in her continued survival, I think in this instance that it's more a matter of genetics.

She's like the wanderer who appears throught A Canticle for Leibowitz- seemingly eternal.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 86,

You got my hopes up for a second there...

I think we're going to find that she's more like general grievous. Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, I do hope we're not going to have another Ginsburg thread where members come in and express indignation because she hasn't kicked.

The subject line tells you the entire story. No one should be surprised when they open this thread.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was seen leaning on a U.S. Marshall after leaving a New York City hospital for tests, DailyMail.com exclusive photos show.

The 86-year-old's hand was held by the Marshall as she walked up the stairs into a private residence on the Upper East Side after her appointment at the Howard Laboratory at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital on Thursday.

Our reporter on the scene questioned the 'US Marshall' who had no comment.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
She's like the wanderer who appears throught A Canticle for Leibowitz- seemingly eternal.

I haven"t heard that title since 10 grade reading assignment. Perhaps a review is in order. Primarily I remember monks creating the photocopy negative sheets for posterity.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Oh, blessed Saint Liebowitz..."

The monks even enshrined and illuminated his grocery list. A great book if you love science fiction. Required reading, actually,

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I had forgotten she also had pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic Cancer has pretty long odds to beat.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Indeed, and this is why I say that genetics is a big factor in this instance.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I had forgotten she also had pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic Cancer has pretty long odds to beat.
Before my grandfather passed away (from cancer) he told all of us kids at the time..."Lots of people win battles against cancer, but in the end, few win the war." He was a lot younger than Ruthie when he passed away.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, this lady has some tough genes, but also some not-so-good ones!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Rather surprising, but RBG and Scalia were pals. Lunching together, etc.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Was hoping her new theme song is from Sound of Music, "Goodbye, So Long"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She's a tough, old broad, no doubt about it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really like to see the Path report on this last(lung) cancer. It would be most interesting(to me at least) if this was a primary lung cancer, or a secondary pancreatic cancer lesion(metastatic) raising it's ugly head.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This will take some of the mystery out of her visit to the hospital.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...eHUg?ocid=spartanntp

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I don't like her leftist leanings and it's way past time for her retirement, but I wouldn't wish her ill will.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post