SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I'm ready!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16123 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For those who might not understand kz1000's post, the Yahrzeit candle is lit on the anniversary of someone's death.

The Hebrew text is the Kaddish, a prayer praising God, that is recited in memory of someone who has died.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30752 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Right on, Para! She should have been removed from office years ago, one way or another. The easiest way of course, would be her death. Soooo, bring it on!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1697 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
She has rarely been seen in public for 2 years now so something is definitely up with her. Are we even sure she's still alive at this point? I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the desperate Democrats these days.

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
For those who might not understand kz1000's post, the Yahrzeit candle is lit on the anniversary of someone's death.

The Hebrew text is the Kaddish, a prayer praising God, that is recited in memory of someone who has died.

Thank you.

Posts: 17232 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
It would make a great movie “Weekdays At Ruthies” kind of like Weekend At Bernies.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a sneaky suspicion that RBG's "stomach bug" is not a virus, but symptoms of her metastatic pancreatic carcinoma. Sort of a "John McCain type syndrome". The clock is ticking!! Medicine in America is the best in the World(and she is going to get the best), but it can not heal all diseases, nor can it turn back the clock.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
IF... I was a Supreme Court Justice, whenever she entered the room, I'd be like "BOO!" and make lots of loud noises, dropping shit on the ground and making quick moves.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Dear Democratic party. In reguards to BBG all I can say is , tick...…..tick......tick.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I keep clicking to the end of this thread to see if Ruthie has started on her dirt nap.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15492 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, tell me something- do you think that when this old crone kicks, that there will be any less than nine new threads in the Lounge announcing it? Do you honestly think that when she dies, some member will take the time to find this thread, then causally post "Oh, BTW, she died today"?

I want you guys to do something for me- I want you to stop posting "I keep opening this thread, expecting to hear that she died" in this thread. Please stop doing this. You know- you KNOW that when she dies, you'll hear about it from 14 different places and every news channel and news website in this country. You KNOW that there will be multiple threads posted in this forum. Unless you've turned off your phone, computer, radio, TV and shuttered yourself in your house away from all human contact, you will know when she dies.

If you want, I'll call you personally and let you know. I'll text you, email, send you a Candygram, whatever you prefer.

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Candygram

Rich chocolate with pecans please. Cool

I am hoping Sidney Powell will take her place.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry, para.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15492 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you want, I'll call you personally and let you know. I'll text you, email, send you a Candygram, whatever you prefer.

Wow, You'd do that for us? I'm impressed, something that doesn't happen often. I'd guess this forum is costing you a bundle, so we can't expect a candygram for each of us. But it'd be the greatest thing any gun fora owner has ever done.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18390 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking ol’ Ruthie will die suddenly with less than a year before the next election, thereby letting the left utilize the Biden Rule to obstruct Trump from installing another conservative until after the election... as if that makes any real difference, since he’s going to bury any demorat candidate alive.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15638 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’m thinking ol’ Ruthie will die suddenly with less than a year before the next election, thereby letting the left utilize the Biden Rule to obstruct Trump from installing another conservative until after the election... as if that makes any real difference, since he’s going to bury any demorat candidate alive.

What makes anyone think that the dems have the power to do anything in that case? Anyway, that stupid Biden rule wouldn't even be applicable in that case.

If that old broads keels over before the next election, Trump will nominate a replacement, and Cocaine Mitch will push him or her through. And there ain't a damn thing the dems could do about it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30455 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Of course there is no legal precedent for the above but the dems will try to make it seem like there is since we “did it to them” in Obama’s final year. It’s going to be delicious to watch them flame out yet again.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15638 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
She went to the hospital again Friday night. Curious they said nothing until now They say she will be released tomorrow.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...talized-chills-fever

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12453 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I searched for this thread and couldn’t find it. :-/

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ginsburg, 86, was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., before being transferred to Johns Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment...
So she was transferred to Johns Hopkins for "chills and fever"? Anyone else feel like we're being shined on by everyone involved?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post