SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Johns Hopkins is known the world over as the leader in treating chills and fever. Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
So she was transferred to Johns Hopkins for "chills and fever"?

Maybe she has malaria.

And before you scoff, there were two confirmed cases of Plasmodium vivax malaria from a pond with the matching mosquito larvae not a mile from my home.

Source of Statement

ETA:
On second thought, blood-sucking, disease-carrying insects would leave her alone as a matter of professional courtesy.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
She went to the hospital again Friday night. Curious they said nothing until now.
They say she will be released tomorrow.

Did they specify if she should be picked up at the front door?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Johns Hopkins is known the world over as the leader in treating chills and fever. Razz

Yep. Hey, when it’s 3am and you’ve got the sniffles, why mess around with anything less than the best? Big Grin

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
When they say Johns-Hopkins, that's code for Disney imagineers

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ LOL, Man, i don't know why but that had me hysterical, especially thinking of Ginsburg. LMAO.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night sweats usually come with major injuries or illnesses. Come on Ruthie!!

-c1steve

Posts: 4060 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It sounds like her immune system is just beat to shit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ LOL, Man, i don't know why but that had me hysterical, especially thinking of Ginsburg. LMAO.

Probably because it looks so familiar:

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, a rent-a-nurse could have handled "chills and fever" at her residence. And I imagine her first hospital was more than capable of handling the same.

I guess she likes the sound of "John Hopkins".

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea she get's John's Hopkins for the sniffles, while I get a prescription for Amoxicillin and a suggestion I go home and rest. Me thinks ole Ruthie is a bit sicker than anyone is letting on. Big surprise.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

The absolute shit storm that a liberal SCOTUS vacancy would cause right now warms my heart...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
So if Warren becomes POTUS I'll have the same medical plan Ginsburg has. Wow, I'm all in for the win. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’m no doctor. But fever and chills is usually from a virus. If they used IV antibiotics she’s got bigger problems. Pneumonia maybe. All the chemo has weakened her immune system.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Patience is such a hard thing, but it is necessary. The time to rejoice at the confirmation of a new justice will come, I just wish it would come sooner.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hey Democrats...………..tick, tick, tick.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
When RBG dies, I won't need to turn on the TV or computer to find out about it. I'll be able to tell by the deafening wails of liberals across the country. It will be a sound sweeter than all the church bells in the land. It will turn that screaming girl meme from the 2016 election night into a study of moderation and restraint. It will be glorious.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is there a disturbance in the Force when a Sith dies?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Heads will explode across our land. Libs will be as desperate as a goldfish in a leaky bag
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
When RBG dies, I won't need to turn on the TV or computer to find out about it. I'll be able to tell by the deafening wails of liberals across the country. It will be a sound sweeter than all the church bells in the land. It will turn that screaming girl meme from the 2016 election night into a study of moderation and restraint. It will be glorious.

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm a senior citizen, so I'm on Medicare. I'm sure little Ruthie is on some gov funded health insurance also, but I seriously doubt that mine would cover being admitted to Johns Hopkins, or any hospital for "chills". Hell, I'd be room temperature before I even got an appointment to see a doctor.

I hope she doesn't take it personally if I don't send a Get Well card.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post