SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Harvey's "The Policeman"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Harvey's "The Policeman" Login/Join 
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted
A great 2-minute reminder of what we expect of those sworn to protect and preserve.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RUUZ2fKVqcs

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I miss Paul Harvey.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
He always told it like it was. He is missed by many.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I spent every lunch time I could listening to Paul Harvey. He was unique.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I too really miss him, and he was on point with that video. I would love to know what he would say today.....

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I hadn't heard this until recently, but Paul Harvey's father was a police officer that was murdered while being robbed at gunpoint off-duty and fully complying with the offenders. The suspects were involved in several other violent crimes and when they were taken into custody afterwards, a "mob of over 1000 men" tried to take them from the Sheriff's custody to be lynched. The Sheriff didn't allow that to occur, but unfortunately these offenders did eventually manage to not only evade capital punishment, but "life" imprisonments.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/arc...7d-3775080364c9.html

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10184 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Paul Harvey saw this shit coming in 1965…

“If I was the Devil”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12296 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
This and “If I were the devil” has been going around social media lately.

I miss Paul.

And now you know………the rest of the story.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post