SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with a barking dog.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with a barking dog. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Aloha,

Negative on Bark Collars.

Dogs are smarter than you think.

They can count.

Bark collars give x number of barks before shocking.

The dog will Stop barking just before the shock.

Australian Cattle Dogs can count, at least ours can.

Citronella collars also don't work, some dogs like the smell.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
He's a cute little guy,and I learned some things in this thread.
I have a little Poodle that is a yapper but I need a yapper to notify me on things like the phone and doorbell Wink

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
We strongly recommend this product for barking. (We own a pet store)

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Cor...a-355962102461&psc=1

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used shock collars on my last 2 dogs one was a 90lb wiem and our latest a black and tan. I only used the shock mildly at first to curb the bark to distract them and then tell him quite. The collar I use also has a beep tone that is all I use to distract him now. How ever everyone in the house has to do it exactly the same. As many have posted they are smart and know how to find the pecking order and will test it. I like to let my dogs off leash around the property and I don't have a fence the collar works as an extended leash also. I know a lot of people don't like the collar idea. When we got our wiem he was 2 and had gone through 5 homes in that short time. He was a great dog he just needed guidance. Well that's my 2 cents. Good luck just stay consistant on what ever path you take.

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Guys this is a 2-year old thread.

Looks very suspicious that it would get necroed by a member with so few posts, and that member would post a link to a product page.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
We had a barker. Were never able to cure her. Gave her to some folks on a farm who didn't care if she barked...

I don't want one in my house that barks at everything.

Someone comes to the door - fine, bark. See a raccoon - fine, bark. But not at every noise and every person...

She would wear out the battery in her bark collar and just keep right on going...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Looks very suspicious that it would get necroed by a member with so few posts, and that member would post a link to a product page.

Actually rus, it’s only 11 months old. Jeff is the one that brought it back up. He has over 12,000 posts. I don’t think he’s trying to peddle anything.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Actually rus, it’s only 11 months old. Jeff is the one that brought it back up. He has over 12,000 posts. I don’t think he’s trying to peddle anything.

There was another post above Jeff's that's been deleted, from a guy with only 8 posts. He linked to a product page.

Last previous post was April of 2017 - almost 2 years. My guess is he/it (possible bot) searched for posts referencing bark collars and necroed this thread in order to post the link in hopes of generating traffic.

Edit: Para got him/it: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1110045454

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Well, that explains that. I never saw the other post, sorry.

Since I could actually remember this post, I thought it was only about a year old, not 2. How do you see the year? All I see, above the post, is the month and day. No year.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
No worries.

Check your "My Time Display" settings for the forum: Go - Personal Zone - Preferences.

https://sigforum.com/eve/person..._myspace_page=uprefs

Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Ha, I can see the year now. I’m smarter than I was before. Thanks rus.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Ha, I can see the year now. I’m smarter than I was before. Thanks rus.

You just went back in time to do it too.

Ghostbusters!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this works on two dogs here in tiny town
https://www.amazon.com/instech...=8-3&tag=googhydr-20

but only when you are home to activate it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I did not know about the product in the link , that I posted , two years ago.

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post