SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long have you known your oldest friend?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long have you known your oldest friend? Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
There is an expression ‘Cousins are our first Best Friends’, in that context, then about fifty years. Otherwise I have known my best friend, who happens to be a member of this forum, by the way, for thirty eight years.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
I've known my best friend 53 years. We went to the same elementary school since first grade and walked home together until paths split. According to his and my parents we were each other's bad influence. He was over my house a couple of nights ago and I was showing him pics from the meme thread.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I am on vacation with 4 of my high school buddies, we have been friends for 33 years. We get together every 3 or 4 years even though we live in 4 different states. This is a big trip celebrating turning 50, so we came to Munich for Oktoberfest.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1881 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I met my friend Calvin in Ms Schoch’s 3rd grade class, when we were 8. We’re 60 now.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I used to laugh at Dad when he'd say, "Oh, I've known [so-and-so] for twenty years!"

Twenty years! Holy cow!

I was talking about this with a close friend a couple of months ago... and we realized we have known each other and stayed in close touch for... yes... 29 years. Cool

I guess Dad's not such an old fart after all!

For the record, my oldest friend goes back some 44 years, though we don't stay in frequent contact.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
If we're talking about friends that would help bury the body then that would be 35 years. We meet for breakfast every Friday morning and if I said "don't tell anyone" he wouldn't tell anyone. I also have a couple of friends from high school about 55 years ago that I'm in occasional contact with. I've been married to my very best friend for 38 years now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I have a handful of old grade school/jr/high school friends from 1955 onward that still are communicating with me.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that I went to first and second grade with. We were both on the cops together and he eventually became my chief.
I just cant get rid of him!
55 years.
And my old PD partner. 29 years.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
66 years and going strong, we met as kids, went through all the schools together, joined the USAF together and went thru basic training together. He was stationed in Germany & I was in France. We are still friends to this day.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
42 years. We attended preschool through high school together and out parents became friends.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
41 years and going strong. He's currently wading through Florence water and if needs help he'd call and I'd be there.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
37 years.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 Years. Met him as my next door neighbor when I was 5 and he was 4. We still meet up for lunch every couple of weeks. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About fifty years; since freshmen in high school.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
51 years for me. Roger played bass guitar and I played lead guitar and we shared the singing. Our band was great.....in my mind.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
As long as I have been alive and can remember. He is exactly 6 weeks older than me. Our parents were friends and we always have been. I buried his parents and his wife and he buried my parents. My son's middle name came from him.

He had a Dodge and I had a Plymouth. He went to Korea and I went to VietNam. We are going to SD to hunt pheasants in 6 weeks.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this thread was thought up to find out who all of the old farts are, LOL!

My oldest friends go back 40 years ago, about 20 people that I see yearly. One of my best friends goes back 38 years ago. Just had lunch with him last Saturday.

My other very good friend, who would bail me outta jail if needed, I have known for about five years.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1506 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I’m 64 but all my HS friends are gone. Can’t believe it. Have a close friend, ex roommate before marriages, guess he’s it. 40 yrs.,, damn, he’s getting old.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 years, guy I grew up with. Time goes fast.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Since 1982.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post