SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long have you known your oldest friend?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long have you known your oldest friend? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Since kindergarten...1972

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Since third grade.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the first day of first grade; we're 60 years old now.

Posts: 781 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I have about 3-4 that are 45 years and still going.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met my best friend at Mrs. Fisher's kindergarten in 1948. This fall will be 70 years. I'll be 76 this Dec.

We somehow wound up serving together at Ft. Sill, OK during 1968/69.

Coincidentally, we both moved to Morehead City, NC in 2001. Bill has since retired to Greensboro, NC to be nearer his children (& grand kids).

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
We met 15 July 1981, I love her dearly she is my wife of 32 years and my best friend for 37 years total.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
I'm 56. I've known my buddy for 46 years. We get together weekly at a minimum.

He doesn't have may redeeming qualities but he is the one who turned me onto my 228 in 1994.

On the negative side, he talked me out of a brand new MP5 in 1985. And, he won't sell me his unfired M1 carbine.

I’ve got a friend like that. Been buddy’s since high school. I got a super deal on several guns. The guy was moving out of state the next day.
One was a commemorative Winchester 30/30. Dirty and dusty. I cleaned it up and it was 90% or better. My buddy kept pestering me that it would make his youngest son an outstanding deer rifle. I finally caved with the agreement that if it ever sold I would get first crack. That night he sold it to another friend.
The best news, he never got paid for it.

My best friend I met in first grade 52 years ago. A man of amazing integrity.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm six months older than he is so about 43 years. We went to daycare together, remained friends throughout different schools early on, went to high school together, and see each other every few years because I'm in CA and he's in TX. He's a great guy, a doctor/professor/researcher, and one of the nicest people I've ever known.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
How long have you known your oldest friend?
My oldest friend will be 84 next month, so he's pretty old (I'll be 82 in January).

How long have I known him? We met in Navy Guided Missile School, so that would have been late 1956 or early 1957. I guess I have known him for a bit over sixty years.

I have another friend who is not quite as old, he is only 80, but I have known him longer than I have known my oldest friend.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Does once a year (Christmas) count as "regularly"? If so, then about 45 years.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^You're a jerk. Wink

If I caught it too, I would have responded in the exact same way. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
We met 15 July 1981, I love her dearly she is my wife of 32 years and my best friend for 37 years total.

I am with you. My bride's not my oldest friend, but she is my best friend. More than 30 years.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
My two buds that I still pal around with I've known since junior high, so 38+ years. My other friend I've known since high school, so about 36 years.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
50 yrs.
I am 62 now
He's 65

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
Longest friendship about 60 years, but I haven't spoken to him a few years.
Next longest about 50, and we speak every few weeks.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Since the day I was born coming up on 36 years. Two as a matter of fact. They are brothers.
Was just jabbing with one last night. A few years back he moved 5 hours away which saddened me but we still talk quite a bit.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm 35 and have known my friend since the beginning of my life. We were born 4 months apart and our moms were friends since high school.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^You're a jerk. Wink
You just noticed that?

I have been called an asshole by both Arc Welder and Tank Soldier (whatever happened to him? I haven't seen him post anything since December of last year).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Forty years - One of the first people I befriended when my family relocated from New Yorkistan to New Jermany in February 1978, right after the 'Blizzard of 78'!

I was in basic training at ft. Dix NJ. Jan.78 that was a lot of dam snow we shoveled...my wife since 82 is my best friend. I talk to 1 guy I went all through school with only once a yr or so lately. He was a bully back then, he turned out to be a great person and a good friend.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
45 years now, we went to kindergarten together and have remained friends through moves, college, marriage, etc.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post