SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chef's Table (Netflix documentary) show about illegal immigrant barbacoa cook.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chef's Table (Netflix documentary) show about illegal immigrant barbacoa cook. Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
For a bit of back story: https://www.univision.com/univ...ocumented-immigrants

The documentary series is great, but I just watched an episode which showcased an open illegal immigrant running a barbacoa shop in Philadelphia. Why the hell hasn't she been arrested yet?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I say if she’s running a successful business give her a green card, let her stay and tax her. Then kick some other US born lazy shitbag living off the government tit right the fuck out for being a non-contributing drain on society.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I say if she’s running a successful business give her a green card, let her stay and tax her. Then kick some other US born lazy shitbag living off the government tit right the fuck out for being a non-contributing drain on society.

This. Productive and employing others, good. You've got one chance to get signed-up and get moving on the pathway towards citizenship. Her fame is also a spotlight, should you foot-drag and be delinquent towards citizenship, there's plenty of others waiting to get in.

Chef's Table is one of the best Netflix programs around, the last season they've kowtowed to the SJW turds and ended up having this gal featured. The culinary intelligencia has been highlighting 'searching' for such stories, Christina Martinez is one of their darlings. Of course you don't see any of these stories coming out of the hardscrabble areas like slaughterhouses in Iowa or, the farm fields in Central Valley.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
People who makes good barbacoa should be granted immediate legal status.

Anyone who goes to arrest the owner of a barbacoa shop would be so distracted by the smells that they would be rendered incapable of doing anything other than ordering a taco, or maybe a Plato con arroz y frijoles. Porque barbacoa muy sabroso.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I don't care if her barbacoa cures the common cold and carries off-label male enhancement benefits. Kick her out. We call them "illegals" for a reason.

Everyone knows the "exception," the one who just PROVES there needs to be a way for THIS ONE to stay. And no single fucking raindrop thinks it's to blame for the flood that wipes out the town, either.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Sorry... if you are in the country illegally you should be subject to the full force of the immigration laws. That you have managed to skirt the laws and remain here and run a successful food service business does mean the laws do not apply to you.

Now if we the people (through our elected officials) want to change the laws then fine. I might not agree with such changes but if it is then the law, I'll reluctantly go along with such laws. We are republic governed by laws put into place by the people we elect. Why the current feeling is these laws can just be ignored because a few vocal people say so will be the ruination of our country.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While she should be kicked out in theory...in the real world we do not have the resources to kick them all out. So, we have to prioritize. Sure, kick her out...after all the MS-13 types, all the other criminals, all the deadbeats.

If by then we have worked out a system where productive workers can apply for a legal status, so be it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Didn't the mayor declare Philly a "sanctuary" city?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
While she should be kicked out in theory...in the real world we do not have the resources to kick them all out. So, we have to prioritize. Sure, kick her out...after all the MS-13 types, all the other criminals, all the deadbeats.
If by then we have worked out a system where productive workers can apply for a legal status, so be it.

Legal Status, as in a visa which MUST be renewed or they get deported, yes - citizenship? absofreakinglutely NO WAY JOSE!
Citizenship should only be attained the legal way of going through the proper channels. Like hundreds of thousands+++ do every year. (and the illegals start at the BACK of the line)
If they can't be bothered to do that, well...too bad. Throw them over the wall.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Roger that.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post