SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today is Medal of Honor Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today is Medal of Honor Day Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Today is Medal of Honor Day

Deepest gratitude to all those in our military who have given selflessly and courageously.
- Franklin Graham‏ -

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's to an amazing group of ordinary men who rose above extraordinary circumstances.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day should be Medal of Honor Day.

Posts: 2478 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.

Plus one on every day should be Medal of Honor Day.

I stopped at the gas station for coffee and not surprising it was not mentioned in the Richmond Times Disgrace or the Washington Post, unless I missed it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Salute!!!

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the opportunity to meet 44 of them in MN last October it was humbling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dgb2324,

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgb2324:
Had the opportunity to met 44 of them in MN last October it was humbling.

Wow, that would be more than humbling. I felt quite in awe of standing in the presence of three medals on display in the WWII museum in New Orleans. Actually meeting the men would leave me speechless I think.

Posts: 9436 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I have spent many hours reading MOH citations. Very humbling and inspiring activity.

http://www.history.army.mil/moh/index.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Some irony to seeing your post today. Just last night, my wife and I finally saw Hacksaw Ridge about Desmond Doss.

God Bless them all

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post