SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lingenfelter Corvette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lingenfelter Corvette Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I should add, this Vette is a auto. It has some special torque converter, can't remember who's. It's supposed to allow for the additional HP.

Won't necessarily gain any horsepower, but it helps the trans hold the additional horsepower on hard launches without puking its guts everywhere. It'll also allow you to launch at higher RPMs (stall speed, foot full down on brakes then push the throttle and pop the brake like a clutch) for better 60 foot times at the strip.

pretty standard modification in those automatic vettes when you start adding power. The trans itself is fairly solid but the TC is always a weak link.

Also if you have a decent cam you need a higher stall torque converter to keep the motor from bogging down, it will also make the car faster in the 1/4 mile by keeping the motor more in the powerband.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
More info as I get it.
The car was completely done by Lingenfelter and the computer worked by them.
I was not sure if the modifications were a kit somebody added or a job done by Lingenfelter.

The torque converter is made by Yank.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.lingenfelter.com/

I would imagine if you call them with the VIN they will have all the details of what was done, was it a bolt on kit by a customer or a car sent from the factory to Lingenfelter and built by them for sale.

Lingenfelter is top notch stuff, if you have the chance to own one at your budget that's great, yeah a new Z06 will spank it but then again, that's $100,000 car... This one isn't
and it would be unique as far as a vette.

Posts: 23433 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post