SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California again leads list with 6 of the top 10 most polluted U.S. cities
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California again leads list with 6 of the top 10 most polluted U.S. cities Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I presume this stuff drives you guys as nuts as it does me. One of Sowell's great quotes is: You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't arrive at by reason. Hello California.

edited to add: and sadly OR and WA

Posts: 6393 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
As a kid in SoCal (Fullerton) until 1964, I would have great eye discomfort to catch baseball flyballs. Looking up hurt! Such air in Oregon now is almost non-existant.

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
But what about all of the alternative energy and carbon credits? Should the pricks (environmentalists and celebrities) have the lowest pollution in the country and practice what they preach?

I have posted before, currently the largest solar power plant in the US is Ivanpah, in the Mojave Deseret in So Cal (mostly funded by the US taxpayer), designed to save the planet from evil electricity production. It produces only 2/3 of the expected power (meaning its power costs 50% more than expected). It has natural gas backup generators for when the sun doesn't shine. But, but, but, when those generators are running they emit enough CO2 the facility had to register as a gross polluter. (Also, the 3500 acres of mirrors has significantly damaged the local flora and fauna.) All this is typical California thinking.

And they incinerate birds in mid flight.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post