SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weight Watchers is working for me.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight Watchers is working for me. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
I've been on Weight Watchers for a little while now and I've lost 22 pounds with a lot more to lose. I can eat the things I like and I've yet to feel hungry while on this diet. I highly recommend it to those of you who maybe have struggled with diets in the past. I've tried them all and this is the only diet that I've been successful with.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum.com    Main Page    The Lounge    Weight Watchers is working for me.

Cool! I'll try it. What do you need to get started?

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
My wife went on that diet back in 1973 and lost a lot of weight without suffering like she did on other diets.

There was a drastic side effect though......it caused her to get pregnant again Cool

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That rules me out. I don't want to get pregnantSmile

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pwelch001:
quote:
SIGforum.com    Main Page    The Lounge    Weight Watchers is working for me.

Cool! I'll try it. What do you need to get started?

You get on the WW website and join. I think it's like $20 a month. Then you download the app on your phone, it allows you to log your food intake to keep up with your points, scan bar codes on food packages, log your exercise etc. At least that's how the wife and I have done it. She's lost seven pounds.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I did it last year and lost 63 lbs. more importantly it helped my learn new eating habits. And so far I'm able to maintain the weight loss. Best wishes for continued success in your weight loss

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
About 18 lbs too much. Just seems I am eating less, but don't lose weight.

Good for you for losing that weight.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This works for me:

"Want to beat the bulge? It's not willpower you need but a step on the scales each day: Keeping a close eye on your weight motivates you to adopt a healthy diet and to exercise…"

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/art...hing-scales-day.html

I weigh myself every day. If I'm over my target weight, I diet until I meet that target. My digital scale is a SECA 876. It has an accuracy specification, and is completely repeatable – I can step on it five times and see the same reading every time.

http://www.oldwillknottscales....YEAQYASABEgIqFfD_BwE

The SECA 876 is expensive nowadays, but I got mine for $360 several years ago.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my wife was a little heavier than she liked. She joined weight watchers and has lost 30 lbs. She looks great and says she feels better.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
based on this thread I am going up to the big city today to look at both weight watchers and Jenny craig

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
In December 2003 (yes right before Christmas)I started weight watches. By August of 2004 I had gone from 280lb to 207lb. I am 6'4" and I felt like I had lost a little to much weight if that is possible. It was difficult to maintain so I settled on a weight of 215lb. That was perfect for me. Kept most of the weight off for 12 years.
Around the beginning of this year I went away from the plan and gained some weight so I am back on the plan. In the last 7 to 8 weeks I have lost around 17lb with a little more to go.
Keep up the good work. A little at a time it will come off.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post