SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tide Pod legality
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tide Pod legality Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Older kids know better, no matter what color they are.
No, not always. If they did, they wouldn't be eating the laundry detergent.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The technological advancements are amazing.
When I was a kid we had to eat Tide straight out of the box.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about this last night and because I'm not a legal kind of guy I was wondering.

The proposed NY bill would require P&G to change the color of the pods and generally make them look so damn tasty. Can NY really require that P&G change the appearance? What gives NY the authority to demand an out of state business change or market their product in a certain way?

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
The technological advancements are amazing.
When I was a kid we had to eat Tide straight out of the box.

We ate it out of straws when we were kids.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I was thinking about this last night and because I'm not a legal kind of guy I was wondering.

The proposed NY bill would require P&G to change the color of the pods and generally make them look so damn tasty. Can NY really require that P&G change the appearance? What gives NY the authority to demand an out of state business change or market their product in a certain way?

No, but if they don't they will just ban it's sale.

When I was a kid there was no regular laundry soap for sale in my county. The only thing you could buy was this one county approved type stuff that was supposedly low... whatever chemical they were trying to keep out of the ground.

It didn't clean well and congealed into this awful cement like clumps in your cesspool. It was horrible all around. Eventually they dropped the law.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

The general police power to legislate for the health, safety, and welfare. That is non-controversial. The states have that power. Whether this is an intelligent use of that power is the question.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post