SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tide Pod legality
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tide Pod legality Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
NY State is passing LAWS making eating tide pods illegal!!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Of course they are. Sigh.

Hey while they are at it why not pass one outlawing dumbasses.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What do you expect from leftists? New York state is a lost cause, utterly and forever lost. New York state is no longer part of this nation.

If they want to pass effective laws in New York, they should outlaw conception for a couple of decades.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I'm surprised they aren't banning the product itself.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
NY state needs a law preventing NY politicians from procreating.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For anyone who has to be told to not eat laundry detergent, I suggest the "Gene Pool Challenge". Acquire a revolver. Load all chambers with live ammunition. Spin the cylinder and close it. Put the revolver in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Who? Who has to be told to not eat laundry detergent? We have to stop these people before they procreate.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Oh my God, the next thing you know, they will be outlawing Murder. Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when you have a full-time legislature in a commie state (or any state for that matter).

They have to do SOMETHING! Eek

No...they don't.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that people who are eating Tide care a whole lot about state laws.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
"We’re asking for all laundry detergent pods to be uniform in color. We don’t need them to look like Gummy Bears in order for consumers to use them," Hoylman said.

Hmmm.... If your teen age kid is mistaking Tide Pods as Gummy Bears, you may be a ....
Downstate Democrats Propose Law on Laundry Pods

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:

Are those idiots trying to "out stupid" Kalifornistan"?

But given the apparent IQ level up there it might be the only way to keep the "lil dumplings" from killing themselves.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For anyone who has to be told to not eat laundry detergent, I suggest the "Gene Pool Challenge". Acquire a revolver. Load all chambers with live ammunition. Spin the cylinder and close it. Put the revolver in your mouth and pull the trigger.

Who? Who has to be told to not eat laundry detergent? We have to stop these people before they procreate.

We'd need to start minting more quarters though.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My buddy and I were talking about this tonight and much like Para developed the Darwin Challenge. There are many you need only pick one.
- Mix Bleach & Ammonia and inhale as much as you can tolerate
- Insert a loaded magazine into a pistol, point into ear, pull trigger, see if you can tolerate the bang
- Find the largest, sharpest, butcher knife you can, attempt to swallow
- Climb in the bed of a pick up, be moving at least 70 MPH, jump out and try to run as you hit the ground, see how far you can go
- Test whether gravity pulls or repels using any structure taller than 40'

That should thin the heard a little

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm surprised they didn't just tax the shit out of it and drive Procter & Gamble out of the state. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:

I'm surprised they didn't just tax the shit out of it and drive Procter & Gamble out of the state. Roll Eyes

The Democrats have two options they like to play.
Tax the shit out of a product is always a favorite, but in this instance they selected the excessive regulation play.

"The bill would also require makers of the detergent packets to enclose each packet in an individual wrapper and change the design so they are less appealing to children."

"We need to impose clear warning labels on all packaging, including each pod."

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” ~ Mark Twain.

Seriously, "people" aren't doing the Tide Pod Challenge because they look like candy, they're doing it because they have a black hole between their ears.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This whole Tide Pod thing is unbelievable to me...it's like putting a fresh cat turd in your mouth...sucking on it and screaming out "this tastes like shit!" while gagging ...who would have thunk it (or even put someone up to do it for that matter?)...let's make a law to keep people from sucking on cat turds...just sayin' Eek...

I'm all for taking the "Tidy Cat challenge" and waiting for the tape worms or the pink eye to manifest themselves...should be fun!...it's organic too!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
"We’re asking for all laundry detergent pods to be uniform in color. We don’t need them to look like Gummy Bears in order for consumers to use them," Hoylman said.

Ummmm...
Gummy bears come in several colors, but as individuals are uniform in color. So they want to take the 2 or 3 colored detergent pods and make them a solid color.... even more like gummy Bears... got it. Roll Eyes

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I keep my gummie bears in the fridge, not above the washing machine....less confusion.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Not that I really want to defend my stupid state but I believe they have a proposed bill to change the packaging and make them look less "tasty" lol. Nothing about making them or eating them illegal. They just don't want NY teens, future scientists that they are" mistaking them for candy.

Yeah.....this is really stupide. Watching the assemblywoman present the bill on the news last night made me realize how stupid some people are.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post