SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can anyone find the catch?? $138 on this site. Amazon sells for $1500.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone find the catch?? $138 on this site. Amazon sells for $1500. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Yup, yup too good to be true I am sure but can’t seem to find the catch.
https://www.kidsclsssicpick.co...ay-c3?product_id=131

I have been wanting to add the turbo twist slide to our current playland but they are $399.

Read the website like one hundred times and can’t find the catch.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
You only have four hours left before it goes back to $600+?

Maybe they just have too many in inventory and needed to clear some out.

Use your best CC (for purchase protection if necessary) and give it a shot, I say.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Judging by the broken Engrish in various places on the site, I'd say it's not a legitimate website. Likely a fake Chinese site.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. That web domain is registered to "Shanghai Meicheng Technology Information Development Co.", and it's been around for less than a week.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.kidsclsssicpick.co...ay-c3?product_id=131

It's a Chinese website. Free international shipping in 10-15 business days for a pallet sized product. Sure.

Input: kidsclsssicpick.com
canonical name: kidsclsssicpick.com
Registered Domain: kidsclsssicpick.com

Whois query for kidsclsssicpick.com...
Results returned from whois.internic.net:
Domain Name: KIDSCLSSSICPICK.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2282475095_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.cndns.com
Registrar URL: http://www.cndns.com
Updated Date: 2018-07-05T12:20:15Z
Creation Date: 2018-07-05T08:11:12Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-07-05T08:11:12Z
Registrar: Shanghai Meicheng Technology Information Development Co., Ltd.
Registrar IANA ID: 1621
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: domain@cndns.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 021-51697771
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Name Server: GWEN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: NOEL.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-07-11T23:38:17Z <<<

Posts: 1039 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yeah I jumped over to the full site on the PC and saw the spelling errors and weird currency options.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Probably right up there with the S.O.B. on ebay who "sold" me a Fujitsu scanner.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1500071444

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If it seems to be too good to be true...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Check out the names of the folks leaving reviews Big Grin

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Check out the names of the folks leaving reviews Big Grin

And the dates all happen to be on the 7th? One talks about long term weathering in a product he supposed to have purchased a month ago?? One mentions quick amazon delivery when its not Amazon? Mentions a cargo net not mentioned in the listing?

Red flags.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
This is just a credit card number stealing web site.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Sum Ting Wong

Dai Tu Lo

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Probably right up there with the S.O.B. on ebay who "sold" me a Fujitsu scanner.

I thought of this upon seeing the thread title.

"It is unwise to pay too much, but equally unwise to pay too little." - Arthur Unnone.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I didn't do the proper research and after ordering, found my item was being shipped from china.
As indicated above, it was a seller who was in the system for less than a month. My item and everyone else's who ordered was shipped to Britain where it was then considered delivered. Chinese farming scam.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
FWIW my big "warning" is no telephone contact number and brick and mortar address.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Domain Name: KIDSCLSSSICPICK.COM

They can't even spell correctly !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3056 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I also noticed the retail values of some other items they offered "for sale" were way overstated. Like those little kid's bikes. No way those retail for $369. More like $69.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been wanting to add the turbo twist slide to our current playland but they are $399.

I bought a used Rainbow off of Craigslist a few years ago that had a scoop slide which cracked this last winter. I'm the second owner so it's not covered under warranty.

New slide $1,500. Saw a used on on Craigslist for $500. Offered the guy $300 and got laughed at.

Driving down a busy road the other day and saw one in the back of a dump trailer owned by one of those companies that does garage clean outs and what not. Flipped around, pulled into the gas station where they stopped, and asked them if they were taking that to the dump.

$25 later and it was on my truck.

I'd call around to the places that do hauling work in your area. I bet sooner or later you'll run across one of them hauling off an old rotted playset that has a good plastic slide with it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I jumped on Alibaba to see what a legit Chinese company would charge to send a slide to the US. $120-180 per meter of slide. So, no, I don't think that one is legit.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sort of a long read, but might prove useful.

I am not sure if Amazon does some "loss leader" type things, but I had an encounter in the past year with them.
(and I think they do)

My cousin sends ma a link to a Spectra Premium Fuel EFI fuel tank that normally sells for about $375 dollars and the listing was for about $69 and free shipping.

At the time, I did not think I needed the tank, so I followed the link, looked at the listing, read up on the item and forgot about it.

About 6 months later and I decided I did want to use an EFI tank (had in tank fuel pump and I was considering possible EFI system), added it to my cart, but needed to verify some measurements.

Next day, I made my measurements, and read up on some other info and decided to purchase the tank. When I went to the Amazon cart, the price was now up to $375, so I rechecked the link and it was still directing me to that place.

So, I figured I would delete it from the cart and checked back a few weeks later and it was about $20 less.

After a month, it still was the same "$20" less, and I started looking at similar tanks that were for cars of the same class/body style (60s GM A-body) and found one for a Pontiac for $147 and purchased it.a

About 7 months go by, an my cousin finds the same tank at the $69 and free shipping, so this time I jumped on it. (I have another car that I am rebuilding) and got the tank. It is brand new and the same make/manufacture PN that sells on Amazon for $375, and I tried the link again the next day and the tank came up again as $375.

After this, I started doing searches for some things and putting them in the cart or simply "viewing the details" and saw similar price swings.

So, I have decided, if I know I want a certain item and the price is "too good to be true", it may be a good idea to make sure the link/seller is above board, and make the purchase fairly soon, and with a method that can be disputed/charged back, if it turns out to be a scam.

Things change and evolve, and a lot of "tricks" people employ to make sales, but if you are paying attention, you can use these things to your advantage.

Both of the EFI tanks were actual Amazon listings, not third party.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post