SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One-day Amazon Prime deliveries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One-day Amazon Prime deliveries Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
A couple of weeks ago I read that Amazon was working to achieve one-day delivery for Prime purchases. That happened sooner than I expected. Over the last week and a half I’ve received three out of three Prime deliveries the day following my order. All were physically small items, but still impressive.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

A couple of weeks ago I read that Amazon was working to achieve one-day delivery for Prime purchases. That happened sooner than I expected. Over the last week and a half I’ve received three out of three Prime deliveries the day following my order. All were physically small items, but still impressive.
My most recent Prime order, which should have been delivered today for two-day service, is scheduled for (maybe) delivery tomorrow -- the third day. I know of at least one Amazon fulfillment warehouse maybe an hour drive from here, there may be others, as well, that I'm not aware of.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
My most recent order I placed on Sunday arrived on Monday by about 5 p.m.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also recently ordered a couple small items and they arrived the next day as well. Very impressive to say the least!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We've had next day prime in our area for a few years now. Great. Order today and receive tomorrow. Some items even offer same day at no additional charge. We order a lot from Amazon and only once did they not deliver as promised and that was weather related. It is amazing.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is nothing new. Been that way for years. I had an emergency call on Sunday at the Amazon distribution center by my house. It's impressive how they get that stuff in, then immediately into cars and Vans and out the door. Needed a crossing guard just to get past one area of the center.

Wait til you find out about same day delivery. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon broke ground on a new distribution center at the Cincinnati airport last week.
Three million square ft, over two thousand new jobs,two to three hundred flights per day.
News said it was to keep it's promise of one day delivery.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Wait til you find out about same day delivery. Cool

Same day delivery is bonkers. They offer it in San Francisco, among other locations. It can be more expensive but it's really convenient for those occasions when you absolutely have to have something in a couple of hours.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be in the minority on this, but I'll take the old two day shipping using a reputable carrier like UPS any day over one day shipping delivered by some random person in a rental truck who comes to my house at 9pm to insure the package is technically delivered in one day.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just saw this today when I went on to buy a new pair of shoes (spilled diesel on my nearly new pair of ECCOs Mad).

Got a new set on the way with one-day shipping for only an extra $6. Although, since I ordered later this afternoon it'll be Thursday when they get here.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've started receiving some one-day Prime deliveries already.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Just saw this today when I went on to buy a new pair of shoes (spilled diesel on my nearly new pair of ECCOs Mad).

Got a new set on the way with one-day shipping for only an extra $6. Although, since I ordered later this afternoon it'll be Thursday when they get here.

The three orders that I received in one day (my OP) had no extra charge. Amazon is aiming to make one-day delivery standard for Prime orders.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I get a lot of stuff in one day. There is a big warehouse near me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think they are making a lot of improvements with their own shipping service. We aren't too far from a warehouse and word from their drivers is they will likely be opening one closer in the near future.

I think the biggest limiting factor in 1-day delivery is if an item is actually in a warehouse close by.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I live in the sticks so I'm lucky to get Prime stuff in 3-4 days.
What amazed me was when I ordered something off of my brother and sis-in-law's Amazon baby registry...it arrived at their house in 4 hours! Granted they live in SoCal...

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Most times when I order stuff to Delaware for delivery to my ship, it arrives the next day to the supplies delivery launch. Been that way for awhile now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ordered a new sight mount for my AK yesterday and it was at the door by noon today, the neighbors door that is, she dropped it off for them

Posts: 23388 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Yep. I put in an order this evening after 7pm and it will be here tomorrow.

I timed the last one: from order to delivery was just under 12 hours. I was impressed.

I do have to caveat that there is an Amazon fulfillment center less than an hour from me, and I figure that has a lot to do with it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

I do have to caveat that there is an Amazon fulfillment center less than an hour from me, and I figure that has a lot to do with it.

It has everything to do with it. My Prime orders to Utah still take a minimum of two days.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I have had same day by me for many years now and it is great.....when I can actually get the option to show up.

Ever since prime day broke amazon last year, it has pretty much been a crap shoot for me wheather I can actually even have the option show up or not.

Some days it will show up on the computer but not on the app, other days it will be on the app but not the computer, some days it just don't show at all.

I have had MANY emails to exec support over it. I am sadly at the point now where I basically just assume I won't have the option.

The really "sad" part about it is they just opened a nice shiny new sorting center five minutes from me, with a huge distribution center about a hour from me that has been their for a lot of years now.

I actually just canceled my yearly subscription because of it and now just pay monthly as the delivery service was the only reason I had prime.

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post