SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Winter bug / cold weather haiku
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winter bug / cold weather haiku Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
Nastiness visiting, I change the sheets and wash the blanket. But we're making a detour back onto the couch. It may not speed up the winter bug I picked up, but it sure feels cozy.

Please add your own. The best will receive silent admiration from thousands.

Hot fluffy blanket
Directly from the dryer
Chasing winter colds

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My six indoor cats
Visit me in my lounge chair
It is serenity.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Snowflakes look so nice
They are evil incarnate
Melt, you suckers, melt

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The cold dark winter
makes me long for warmer days
and later sunsets

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
The elderberry
Zinc, vitamin C and D
Makes me feel better

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Beer
Homemade chicken soup
More beer

The story is, once you catch a cold virus and get better, you are immune to that strain of virus (though not the subsequent mutations).

Second, unless you are immune to a virus, you'll still catch it through the simplest of transfer methods.

Third and finally, the beer will keep you hydrated and in a better physical position for not caring about the general aches and crappy feeling and, the chicken soup should last a couple days so you can focus on the beer and getting better.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
hoodie busted out
getting ready to rake leaves
colored trees abound

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I abhor winter
Yet winter is persistent
Perpetual conflict

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Head is exploding
Some diverticulitis
Inflamed lungs. What next?

It's actually quite not that bad. On the mend, as they say. I'm fortunate in that I can usually simply stay home and not work when I want. Enduring penury with grace is my saving attribute.

The "raking leaves" poem recalls fond memories of teenage yard work. Well, maybe the first fifteen minutes. Dad finally moved into an apartment. No more group raking exercises.
Smile

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hydrate, rest, soup. I also like a lot of dry firewood for the wood stove, 78 degrees is about right.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
This is a haiku thread, people.

See here if you're unfamiliar with the format: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/haiku

-----------

Winter comes early,
Too damned cold for Thanksgiving;
I miss the daylight.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BurtonRW:
This is a haiku thread, people.

It is a Haiku
For everyone’s enjoyment
Winter is focus

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
This is a haiku thread ...

Thanks for your guidance
All comments are most welcome
Except cat pictures

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Third coffee, making it weak with lots of milk. Ripe fruit. Coming back to life. Swept the gutter. Damn, ten minutes outside is enough. And a young contractor is trying to hire me for a night supervisor shift in the elements. He cannot understand why I keep refusing the job. Enduring penury with grace ...

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
My hands are frozen
My nose and ears feel like ice
Get me back inside

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
As Autumn passes
And now Winter approaches
We expect cold days

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You like snow, poet?
So come shovel all this shit.
Then write a nice poem.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post