SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Found A Pistol I Completely Forgot I Had
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Found A Pistol I Completely Forgot I Had Login/Join 
10 November, 1775
Picture of MarinetoRN
posted
It's a long story from several years ago that involves a crazy ex girlfriend, fire, poisoning, psych ward, etc...but as I was moving stuff around in the barn, I found a blue Sig box behind a stack of flooring. Inside was a brand new never fired 226 Stainless. Upon inspection, it all came back to me...I had ordered it on the classified section from a member/dealer using a card Sig used to have. It had all the original paperwork, sales receipt, stickers, etc in the box. A pleasant surprise, and a very beautiful pistol! I remember hauling out all my guitars, then all my guns before they were lost. Don't know exactly how this one ended up back there, but it was kind of cool to find it after all this time. No rust. No heat damage.....just kind of a cool thing to happen. Karma has smiled on me. And I need to return the favor. So up for Karma is a 4'X6' nylon flag of the United States. I will draw the winner Tuesday evening at 7PM EST. As a side note, since that fiasco, my life has been as drama free as possible. I intend to keep it that way!

SiGArm'd

P220ST X2, 1911 Revolution, P245, P229 RTTEQ/ST .40 X2, P226ST, Mosquito
Other weaponry not SIG

Glocks are ugly.
I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders.

Posts: 2471 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: August 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I could use a flag.
Put me in for lucky #1 Smile

Also, congrats on finding the gun!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have a brand new flag, so I will pass on the chance.

But I wanted to say, that after a life of loss of many things that held great sentimental meaning, I am glad you found the pistol and that it has survived, as have you, in spite of the many things that destroy a person.

May your "rest of days", be as rewarding.

Cool

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new house is still in need of a flag. I would love a shot.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Please don't include me, but I have to say that is a great story. What a treat it must have been to come across that box!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I could definitely use a flag, please count me in and thanks for the chance. Most people just find a $20 they forgot in the pocket of a jacket or something. Enjoy that P226!

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Forget the flag. I'm in for the sig karma!

actually, I can just imagine the emotions you felt when you found the Sig. Good for you.

And I'm not really in for the karma - the flag or the sig. I just want to say I'm happy for you.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
That is certainly an exciting find for you! I've had the random find something small and forgotten,yet still cool find...but never a find the forgotten firearm kind Eek Very cool for you, and please throw my name in for the flag for my new home that I won't officially live in until the end of the month.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
What a terrific find!
We are in the process of buying a home in Scripps Ranch, San Diego, where one can see many homes with flags flying proudly. We would love to add your flag to that neighborhood display!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Please do NOT include me.
Just wanted to say DAYUM! Eek
quote:
as I was moving stuff around in the barn, I found a blue Sig box behind a stack of flooring. Inside was a brand new never fired 226 Stainless.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Pics....please some pics, or I can barely believe it happened. That is a cool story but I think you really owe the Sf faithful some pics on this one. A crime scene re-creation would be awesome.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved the story
Would be proud to fly the flag.

Thanks
Bill

Posts: 724 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Don't include me in the karma, just glad that you found a bright spot.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm in I need a flag thanks

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The ultimate Safe Queen !

In for your gracious Karma, and glad your chaos has faded. Perhaps its your pistols destiny to be a momento to enduring.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am glad you found that lost treasure.

I am not in need of a flag at this time, I just wanted to congratulate you on your "find".

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I have enough flags, so no need to enter me, I'd love to hear about the fire and poisoning though.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
The ultimate Safe Barn Queen !.

Come on, man! Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Just replaced our flag, so please do not enter me.

What a great story, what a great find.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Wow and I get excited when I find a $5 on my dresser. Eek

I'm all set on flags at the moment. Nice karma though.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post