SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Putting programs on new computer without disc or CD Key
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Putting programs on new computer without disc or CD Key Login/Join 
posted
Howdy,

So I just ordered a new computer and I have discs for almost everything I am using. Some stuff I am just going to get the latest and greatest.

There are two programs that I got back in 2007 and was able to transfer them easily to my current computer in 2010. Both of these programs were put on my computer by my previous employer, they are no longer in business.

1.) Adobe Premier CS3 - I have the CS3 master collection but I have updated most programs to cs6, Premier is the only one I still use from CS3. I really don't want to do a subscription for Premier. Any chance of being able to transfer it to my new rig without a disc or CD key?

2.) Adobe Acrobat X Pro - The pro version has a lot of features the free version does not have. I would love to keep it somehow.

Thanks in advance! I am not even sure where I could get a download of these ancient programs. Any way to extract key from my current computer?

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Since you have the old computer, run "Belarc Advisor" and it should dump all the keys into an HTML file.

belarc.com

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Since you have the old computer, run "Belarc Advisor" and it should dump all the keys into an HTML file.

belarc.com

Awesome! I will give it a go. I am sure it will require a call to adobe for an authorization code, but at least I will have a key.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post