SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Comey admits he lied to protect Hillary!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comey admits he lied to protect Hillary! Login/Join 
posted
BREAKING BOMBSHELL NEWS ON CNN!

COMEY ADMITS HE LIED TO PROTECT HILLARY! But he thought it was "justified" to protect his own investigations.

"Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process. As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over --"

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Color me shocked! (Not)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Washington (CNN)Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process.

As a result, Comey acted unilaterally last summer to publicly declare the investigation over -- without consulting then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch -- while at the same time stating that Clinton had been "extremely careless" in her handling of classified information. His press conference caused a firestorm of controversy and drew criticism from both Democrats and Republicans.

Comey's actions based on what he knew was Russian disinformation offer a stark example of the way Russian interference impacted the decisions of the highest-level US officials during the 2016 campaign.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that this Russian intelligence was unreliable. US officials now tell CNN that Comey and FBI officials actually knew early on that this intelligence was indeed false.

In fact, acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe went to Capitol Hill Thursday to push back on the notion that the FBI was duped, according to a source familiar with a meeting McCabe had with members of the Senate intelligence committee.

The Russian intelligence at issue purported to show that then-Attorney General Lynch had been compromised in the Clinton investigation. The intelligence described emails between then-Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and a Clinton campaign operative suggesting that Lynch would make the FBI investigation of Clinton go away.

In classified sessions with members of Congress several months ago, Comey described those emails in the Russian claim and expressed his concern that this Russian information could "drop" and that would undermine the Clinton investigation and the Justice Department in general, according to one government official.

Still, Comey did not let on to lawmakers that there were doubts about the veracity of the intelligence, according to sources familiar with the briefings. It is unclear why Comey was not more forthcoming in a classified setting.

Sources close to Comey tell CNN he felt that it didn't matter if the information was accurate, because his big fear was that if the Russians released the information publicly, there would be no way for law enforcement and intelligence officials to discredit it without burning intelligence sources and methods.

In at least one classified session, Comey cited that intelligence as the primary reason he took the unusual step of publicly announcing the end of the Clinton email probe.

In that briefing, Comey did not even mention the other reason he gave in public testimony for acting independently of the Justice Department -- that Lynch was compromised because Bill Clinton boarded her plane and spoke to her during the investigation, these sources told CNN.

Multiple US officials tell CNN that to this day Russia is trying to spread false information in the US -- through elected officials and American intelligence and law enforcement operatives -- in order to cloud and confuse ongoing investigations.

CNN's Manu Raju contributed to this report.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Lock her up!

... and him too!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Comey just got thrown under the bus, or rather he dove hard for it. There goes his credibility for notes against the trump conversations as well.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
can someone dumb this down for those of us that can't read between the lines?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm confused as well. So, Russian Intelligence makes it look like the DNC and DOJ are in cahoots to make the Hillary email scandal go away.

So, Comey's response to this "disinformation"....is to make the Hillary email scandal go away? Confused

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Trump was justified in firing comey...........

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Unreal. Roll Eyes

Let's all thank God again that Trump is our President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Comey Acted On Russian Intel He Knew Was Fake"

On CNN???? That headline is on the CNN website?! Has CNN been hijacked by honest people, or have these assholes simply run out of road with their bullshit?

Never thought I'd see that on CNN, truth or no. Never, ever thought I'd see that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Comey Acted On Russian Intel He Knew Was Fake"

On CNN???? That headline is on the CNN website?! Has CNN been hijacked by honest people, or have these assholes simply run out of road with their bullshit?

Never thought I'd see that on CNN, truth or no. Never, ever thought I'd see that.

Neither did I!

So, Comey finally admits he is "all in" for the hildabeast!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
EVERYTHING associated with Democrats, Obama or the Clintons in any and every respect, is corrupt and built on outright lies and deceit for some sort of coverup. Thank God in Heaven that they have lost most of their grip on governing this Republic and my hope is they will lose what little they have held on to...

Nothing coming out about that bunch of liars and cheats will ever surprise me.

I agree it's got to be hard for any of the MSM to report on this...THIS does surprise me Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Even more evidence that HRC's use of a private email server was damned bad practice. Hacked by the Russians.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I believe there were e-mails purporting to be between DWS and someone that Lynch was going to kill the investigation. I recall seeing some to that effect, no idea now where online. Townhall, Drudge, maybe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The truth is coming out. It's going to be a good year.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is getting beyond bizarre.

nobody seems to have known about this "Russian" fake story, except the FBI.

So the FBI acted on it even knowing it was fake.

Then FBI Director Comey told Congress it was one of the main reasons that he took over the responsibility of DoJ. (but didn't tell them it was a "fake")

So at least Comey could honestly testify that the Russians interfered in the election, because Comey himself acted on known fake Russian reports.

This is utter BS. The FBI sounds like idiots of the first order. There wasn't Trump collusion with the Russians, it was Comey collusion with the Russians.

Why would there be such interest now in declaring this information "fake"?

Because the information was that in February/March 2016, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz wrote to Leonard Benardo (a Soros official in Open Society Foundations) that Loretta Lynch told a Clinton campaign person that DoJ would not let the FBI investigation go too far.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...199710b69_story.html

So it is pretty important to Loretta Lynch, Wasserman-Schultz, Hillary Clinton, DEMs in general, that everyone know this information is "false".

Great move by President Trump in firing Comey.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Comey is a low life traitor who needs to join the Rosenburgs. I never committed a dime of my money to politics until July 5th when he stood in front of the American people and assisted a scumbag with willfully and knowingly endangering the security of these United States. I sent a hundred bucks to Trump then and every month until the election.

Comey can rot.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
More analysis to help unravel this bizarro story.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...ion-part-ben-shapiro

On Friday, CNN reported, based on anonymous sources, that former FBI director James Comey put an end to the Hillary Clinton investigation in order to forestall the public impression that Clinton would be let off the hook in corrupt manner by Attorney General Loretta Lynch – not thanks to Comey’s concerns about the meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton on a plane in Arizona, but thanks to Russian disinformation suggesting that Lynch would kill the investigation and exonerate Clinton.

CNN reports:

Then-FBI Director James Comey knew that a critical piece of information relating to the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email was fake -- created by Russian intelligence -- but he feared that if it became public it would undermine the probe and the Justice Department itself, according to multiple officials with knowledge of the process….The Russian intelligence at issue purported to show that then-Attorney General Lynch had been compromised in the Clinton investigation. The intelligence described emails between then-Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and a Clinton campaign operative suggesting that Lynch would make the FBI investigation of Clinton go away.

But Comey never informed Congress that the allegedly Russian-planted email designed to cast doubt on Hillary’s exoneration was fraudulent. Instead, Comey’s friends told CNN that he didn’t care if the Russian-planted email reflected truth about Clinton-Lynch collusion – he worried that once the Russians released such information, credible people would buy it and the intelligence community wouldn’t be able to call it out as a Russian fraud for fear of “burning intelligence sources and methods.”

In other words, the Russians allegedly planted information designed to cast doubt on Hillary’s exoneration at Lynch’s hands – and in order to grant veracity to that information, Comey took the bullet for Lynch publicly.

This new information, if true, confirms two basic ideas.

First, the Russians were attempting to interfere with the election.

Second, Comey interfered in the normal law enforcement process in order to counteract the interference of the Russians – but without proper regard for the legal process regarding the Hillary investigation. Essentially, he was so focused on preventing the appearance of interference by Lynch that he ended up interfering himself.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
And after Hitlery just got done with her commencement bullsh...err...speech at Wellesley too. She didn't miss a single leftie talking point either. Trump, Russia, her innocence...oops.

Dear God we as a nation didn't just dodge a bullet with Trump winning the election-we dodged a thousand megaton nuclear warhead!

The sheer level of conceit, arrogance, corruption, and just plain, no holds barred evil in that creature masquerading as a human is astounding.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
First, the Russians were attempting to interfere with the election.

Which is probably why CNN is out in front with this. More narrative to come, no doubt.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post