SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Rush will always be “in time”. His thoughts and moral outrage will with just a little finesse be a fit 50 yrs or more into the future. Or until the one world order comes into being. And perhaps after that. In my ever so humble opinion. If not so, dig me up and show me my error for he will surely outlast me!’

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fla. Jim,

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey OP, can we change the title to just Rush. It’s much bigger than his lung cancer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess Rush’s show is no longer going to be about politics. Every time I tune in, whatever guest host (man, that Todd Herman is the worst) is going on about Rush this or that.

I don’t mean to be cruel, but it’s time to move on.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Well, I guess Rush’s show is no longer going to be about politics. Every time I tune in, whatever guest host (man, that Todd Herman is the worst) is going on about Rush this or that.

I don’t mean to be cruel, but it’s time to move on.

This. I loved Rush, but the daily three-hour Rush Tribute is getting old. I think Rush would be none too happy at the way this has been handled. He didn't want to be a cancer patient on the radio. I'm convinced he wouldn't want to be memorialized every day on the radio either.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. The listening audience and sponsors have to be dropping off like flies. I stopped listening the day after he died, but tuned in a couple of times to see what they were doing, and it seemed to be entirely “the best of” and “Rush predicted this.” I, and I’m sure virtually everybody else, tuned in for his take on the current news, not his voice from the past.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:

This. I loved Rush, but the daily three-hour Rush Tribute is getting old. I think Rush would be none too happy at the way this has been handled. He didn't want to be a cancer patient on the radio. I'm convinced he wouldn't want to be memorialized every day on the radio either.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree, Rush would not be happy at all about what his show has turned into.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I mused to myself on the day he died when everyone seemed to be talking about his passing how he would prefer to have the announcement and then get back to the business of preserving and advancing liberty which was his professional mission. I am a die hard Rush enthusiast but it really is time to let him rest and pick up the torch.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I like Mark Stein.

But I sympathize with anyone who is tasked to fill Rush's shoes. Drastically lower ratings are inevitable. Perhaps that is the idea. Crater the ratings before bringing in a replacement so they can appear at least a modest success for bringing the ratings partially back up.

I'm glad it's not me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I understand the tribute for awhile , lets say the first week. But its time to have a new plan. Certainly tough to do. I hope they come up with a good plan. There is simply no way to replace Rush.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I understand the tribute for awhile , lets say the first week. But its time to have a new plan.

Yeah... the tribute and "best of" stuff is getting old. It sort of seems like there is no "new plan".

I listen on KMOX, one of the largest and most powerful radio stations. You can pick it up all over the midwest. My guess is that they will take these 3 hours back for local programming.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I listen on KMOX,

I was having a conversation the other day regarding the Dave Glover Show, how they took a turn towards the left, and are now being moved to KMOX.

KMOX (1120 AM) and KFTK (97.1 FM) are both Entercom stations.

Then I found this:

https://www.opensecrets.org/or...ycle=A&id=D000021973

During the 2016 election cycle they donated $1.165 million to political parties. 99.54% to Democrats.

2014 100% to Democrats

2012 97.56% to Democrats

2010 99.56% to Democrats

2008 92.52% to Democrats.

Why would somebody in the "Conservative talk show" space be donating so much money so disproportionally to "Liberals"?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I listen on KMOX,

I was having a conversation the other day regarding the Dave Glover Show, how they took a turn towards the left, and are now being moved to KMOX.

KMOX (1120 AM) and KFTK (97.1 FM) are both Entercom stations.

1210 WPHT in Philly was taken over by Entercom a few years ago and there seems to have been a gradual move leftward there too.

The morning guy (Chris Stigall) was let go and ended up at their main competitor 990 WNTP which is a Salem Media station and remains firmly conservative.

It’s not a huge shift, but it’s perceptible to people like me who’ve been listening to them for nearly 20 years now.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
I still listen, but not as often. I've focused in when Kathryn has been on air. I would have thought Rush would have made plans for who, or if there would be a replacement. He knew his time was limited, especially when he opened up right before Christmas break that he never expect to still be around for Christmas 2020.

I agree, they cant keep going with best of rush much longer.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
During the 2016 election cycle they donated $1.165 million to political parties. 99.54% to Democrats.

a1abdj: Thanks for posting that about Entercom...
Now I know!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Haha, this is awesome. Very fitting!

Poking at the assuredly enraged Left from even beyond the grave!

Rush Limbaugh’s death certificate lists him as ‘greatest radio host of all time’

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:

...they cant keep going with best of rush much longer.

ENOUGH! I used to look forward to "Rush Hour," making sure I had access to a radio no matter where I was. Not anymore, and yesterday I turned it off.

The guest hosts (Mark Steyn is my favorite) are great when they point our liberal hypocrisy as Rush did so well. But listening to "Rush wisdom" and "How Rush changed my life" clips are getting real old. I'll give it another chance today, but I'm ready to turn it off again.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Haha, this is awesome. Very fitting!

Poking at the assuredly enraged Left from even beyond the grave!

Rush Limbaugh’s death certificate lists him as ‘greatest radio host of all time’

https://dam.tmz.com/document/d...ae64c8b09cd2f741.pdf

-rduckwor

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
They redacted "Florida"?

Like the location of Palm Beach is a big secret.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:

...they cant keep going with best of rush much longer.

ENOUGH! I used to look forward to "Rush Hour," making sure I had access to a radio no matter where I was. Not anymore, and yesterday I turned it off.

The guest hosts (Mark Steyn is my favorite) are great when they point our liberal hypocrisy as Rush did so well. But listening to "Rush wisdom" and "How Rush changed my life" clips are getting real old. I'll give it another chance today, but I'm ready to turn it off again.

Why do you have to denigrate Rush's name?
Losing him was beyond painful so why not just have a little courtesy and let it die out (if it does) on it's own.
Going cold turkey of no-Rush is very hard for a lot of us.
I don't mind the "best of" for a while longer.
Have some respect. Eek

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
No Rush is really hard. But, the empire he built is being pissed away. And most people see this. It has zip to do with people not showing respect. We are in the fight of our lives right now, and people want Rush’s legacy to continue. That is simply not happening right now.

www.opspectraining.com