SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Let's see what happens, ok?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

That's all we can do at this stage. Keep in mind that Rush is unreplaceable.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
^^^^^

That's all we can do at this stage. Keep in mind that Rush is unreplaceable.

Jim

Fully aware of that. Not Hannity or Levin, or any of the lesser knowns. Rush had a certain style, and it can’t be mimicked or replaced.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Here’s the link, from the WSJ: Link

I wouldn't take what is stated in that article to represent anything other than what's planned 'in the interim', and certainly NOT in perpetuity!

I'm sure there was/is a succession plan for the Rush Limbaugh Show, and would be surprised if there's any immediate action to move forward with any formal announcement and/or changes on Day 2 w/o Rush! The 'interim plan' could even be part of the larger plan put in place by Rush himself.

How about we just grieve the loss of Rush first, before we worry about what he's got planned for us in the future. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Here’s the link, from the WSJ: Link

I wouldn't take what is stated in that article to represent anything other than what's planned 'in the interim', and certainly NOT in perpetuity!

I'm sure there was/is a succession plan for the Rush Limbaugh Show, and would be surprised if there's any immediate action to move forward with any formal announcement and/or changes on Day 2 w/o Rush! The 'interim plan' could even be part of the larger plan put in place by Rush himself.

How about we just grieve the loss of Rush first, before we worry about what he's got planned for us in the future. Wink

AMEN!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The only man that could fill his shoes, Donald J. Trump.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
The only man that could fill his shoes, Donald J. Trump.

Oooooo, could you imagine him taking the EIB microphone? Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14037 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
PIEDT taking over EIB and building on what Rush did would be perfect. A new media empire. Why not since you've been banned off all other platforms. You're right theres only one man on this planet big enough to keep the golden EIB mic going strong in more than 600 stations.
Will be a blast to see.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Radio licensing is controlled by the FCC so consider that.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I heard that his wife, Catherine, will be hosting Monday’s show..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I heard that his wife, Catherine, will be hosting Monday’s show..

If I heard right, she'll be co-hosting with Steyn, taking calls.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
James Golden aka Bo Snerdley tribute to Rush video interview

https://trendingpolitics.com/w...utm_source=economics

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Article in the local paper this morning.
Nice story from the man who fired Rush back in the KC days.

https://cdapress.com/news/2021...red-famous-limbaugh/

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was never a listener of Rush until about a year ago. I knew who he was, and I remember my friends talking about him 20 years ago but I never listened. Then last year I was driving and the radio auto tuned to his station. I listened. Amazing. Wow. Since then I had been tuning in every time I was in the truck. Last week I was eating lunch, just unwrapped my sandwich and had tuned in to the talk station. I knew he had been away for a while but I was hoping that today he would be back. Then I heard his wife’s voice. I knew this couldn’t be good. When she said he was gone I felt a chill. A guy I never knew, a guy I had just started listening to, and I honestly felt a profound loss.

He was a giant, and I truly feel there will never be anyone like him again. Someday, maybe, but not in my lifetime. “Talent on loan from God” indeed.

Of course the left does what the left does. Who cares. I saw two tweets I saved that I thought fit very well. I hope they hate me as much as they hated him. It means I am living right.

And I think Rush would take the second tweet and laugh. I’d suspect he’d take that deal every day and twice on Sunday.

Rest in Peace Mr. Limbaugh. America misses you.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
This is riveting, Rush on Phil Donahue's show in 1992. The issues and techniques are so familiar, almost thirty years later. Little has changed except there was a time with a pretense of civility.

In his day Donahue was huge. And toxic. He put on a face of fair examination of the day's topics, but here you see him at his worst. Limbaugh had a counter to all of PD's attacks. The audience, mostly libs, were in shock as Limbaugh tore into their house of cards. The director found the most dour audience faces for cutaways. When Phil got frustrated at his impotence, ad hominem attacks "You're fat!".

A clumsy production, over an hour but fascinating --

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I tuned in to Mark Steyn and Kathryn Limbaugh today on the Rush show and found their two hours together was much better than I had expected.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rush Limbaugh laid to rest in historic St. Louis cemetery

ST. LOUIS (97.1 FM TALK) - Conservative talk legend Rush Limbaugh was laid to rest Wednesday in a very private ceremony at Bellefontaine Cemetery.

The 70-year-old Limbaugh died on February 17th after a year-long battle with advanced lung cancer. Security was very tight as a horse-drawn carriage was brought in to carry "El Rushbo", as he was known to his fans, to his final resting place.

Sources say the north St. Louis County cemetery was closed to the public for several hours Wednesday, as an estimated 40 family members and dignitaries had to clear security before being allowed through the gates.

Many expected Limbaugh to be buried in his hometown of Cape Girardeau, Mo. Instead, he will rest in eternity alongside some of St. Louis’s most famous residents.

The cemetery was founded in 1849 and is the final resting place of icons in St. Louis history like explorer William Clark, airport founder Albert Lambert, beer tycoon Adolphus Busch and others.

https://www.radio.com/971talk/...-to-rest-in-st-louis

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Seems an odd choice as Rush had no ties to St.Louis. My guess is being acknowledged as an important Missourian mattered to him.

Here's a wonderful article about how young Rusty Limbaugh came to be the man he was --

His first audience... a grand total of one

David Crowe met Rush Limbaugh when they were 3. Their activities included games and a lot of radio.

"Rusty would hook up the CB radios and his 45 turntable and play songs over the CB. He loved to pretend he was a disc jockey. He would rattle off some commentary and play me a song. Then he would ask, 'How did that sound?' I guess you could say that I was his first radio coach and his first broadcast audience.

"By the time we were in fifth grade, he could do a perfect Harry Caray."

Childhood pranks competed somewhat with Rush's love of radio. "In fifth grade, our teacher put us at opposite ends of the room in order to deter us from disrupting the class." They were kept apart in junior high often.

"One afternoon during lunch, Rusty went into the Spanish Lab and rewired our booths. During the class everyone was supposed to do an oral exercise but, instead, Rusty and I were able to communicate with each other." The instructor was not amused.

"Rusty was always doing something. In seventh grade I got sent to the principal's office because I could not stop laughing. I don't have any idea what was so funny. I laughed so hard that tears were running down my face. What made it even funnier was that he sat there just as calm like he had nothing to do with it."

Young Rusty impressed his buddies with his business acumen. "Rusty is the first guy I knew who had a job besides paperboy. He shined shoes at a barber shop. We looked up to him because he had a real job. Rusty was good because he was focused and it required him to engage in adult conversation.

"When we were in high school some friends and I decided to make a movie. The film was entitled, 'You're a Mean Man, Cyanide Barrenheart.' It was a comedy melodrama patterned after the old silent movies of the '20s. The villain, Cyanide, was developed with Rusty in mind. In fact, we built the characters around Rusty and Danny Braswell, the 'bad buy' and the 'good guy.' They 'made' the production. We recorded it on 8mm film and played it as a silent movie for a fund raiser. Rusty's cousin, Steve, now a Missouri Supreme Court justice, played the piano accompaniment. (If you've ever heard him play, you'd know that it alone was an incredible part of the production.) We sold out for three nights in a row. Rusty and Danny could overact with abandon and the audience loved it. The two of them took turns stealing scenes from each other.

"Rush has been through some changes and paid his dues. He has always made his shows entertaining and thought-provoking. In the '70s, he was a little rougher on his audience. We both lived in Kansas City at the time and he had a morning talk and music program. He tended to 'bait' his callers from time to time to get a reaction and, though it could have a hard edge, I found it very amusing. It was outrageous at times, but always funny."

Crowe says Rush never had trouble keeping an audience but sometimes he didn't notice who was concentrating.

"He was so focused on his radio career that he rarely dated. He was so intense that he didn't recognize the girls were hanging on his every word."

At a high school reunion, Crowe served as master of ceremonies. Pointing to Rush, he announced -- "Rusty Limbaugh. What has he accomplished? We expected so much more but he's still just talking on the radio.' Of course I said it in jest to a lifelong friend but he has a strong following -- I received anonymous hate mail in Rusty's defense."

Crowe claims that take away the microphone and "Rush is a modest, self-effacing, humble guy. Behind the scenes, he still holds strong opinions but there is much more to him than his radio personality. I think he is a very engaging, charming guy. He is genuinely interested in other people."

As for Rush's popularity, Crowe knows the reason. "Rusty made a niche where nobody has ever been before. He is the first person of this particular political ideology with a sense of humor and his humor, his sense of irony, is phenomenal. He has made commentary acceptable that would have been politically incorrect 15 or 20 years ago.

"He makes people laugh and he makes people stop and think. Whether you agree with him or not, he'll make you think about things in ways you never have before.

"It's an extraordinary gift."

Like Rush Limbaugh, James Kinder comes from a conservative Republican background.

"My convictions have changed somewhat. I grew up in Cape Girardeau among several Republican influences. I now reside in Cairo, Illinois, where the political views are quite different. I assure people that it is not necessary to hold all his political values in order to listen to rush," said Kinder.

"I do guarantee he will make you think."

Before listening to Rush pontificate on radio, Kinder joined him in some escapades. "I remember throwing water balloons at cars. One afternoon we were standing on the curb with water balloons cupped in our hands hidden from anyone passing by. Zoom, went a white early '60s model Pontiac. Splat! Both water balloons plastered the side of the car. The car screeched to halt and spun around to catch the pranksters. Like lightening, we were hiding in the bushes. Fortunately we never got caught."

"Rusty was often mischievous. Most of his pranks were merely for amusement. In his spare time he would produce hilarious skits. I say produce because the skits were taped so that we could listen to them for entertainment. Rusty had a great ear for voices and a gift for impersonations.

"There was a businessman in Cape at the time who had a distinct voice. It was rather high pitched and a little squeaky. Rusty's farcical skits evolved around that man. The tapes were marvelous," laughed Kinder.

"Rusty graduated from the school of hard knocks. Now look where he is. He is very successful and financially secure. He has made a positive impact on the lives of some listeners.

"A lady from Michigan credits Rush for turning her son's life around. The boy was doing poorly in school and now, thanks to Rush, her son reads five newspapers a day. He is articulate and is going to college," Kinder noted.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems an odd choice as Rush had no ties to St.Louis. My guess is being acknowledged as an important Missourian mattered to him.

I have family next door at Calvary Cemetery. Bellefontaine is a beautiful cemetery where many well known and prominent figures are laid to rest. It is very park like, open to the public, and known for the architecture and plant life. It is a very well visited place, so it would be a good choice for a Missourian who would expect fans to stop by.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The David Crowe remembrance fortifies my belief that nobody will ever be able to take up the scepter from Rush. There are lots of smart, articulate, conservatives (I am thinking now of Charlie Kirk, I guess). None possesses Rush’s sense of humor; that’s always what separated him from the pack.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post