SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Rush is the best Bill Clinton impersonator ever.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Over the last several weeks, Rush has been taking off time for treatments, days at a time. I don't think he's missed a day the last couple weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if he's rolling the dice in the run-up to the election, some things take precedence maybe. I hope his recent setbacks are not from delaying treatments, if so, may he get back on track when our job is done.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really glad I listened to Rush’s entire show today. It was his annual Christmas show, his last before taking a break until some time after New Year’s. His cancer was omnipresent throughout the show. Just before closing he warned us that “there will come a time when I will be unable to continue.” Rush thanked us, his audience, again and again, all three hours. His last caller was a man who was really emotional and just kept saying, “He needed to hear his voice.” Rush sounded good and his voice was strong, but when a caller said he “hoped he was doing alright,” Rush kind of danced around an answer, and essentially (to my mind) said, “No.”

I don’t listen all the time, my 10:00 to 1:00 schedule is kinda set, and I never listen to a substitute host. I think he’ll be back after the holidays...but I don’t know how long he will be around in 2021. Makes me sad

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Rush was a big influence for me back in the 90s.

I haven’t been a regular listener for a few years, but used to be a Rush 24/7 subscriber and would download the show for the drive home every day.

God bless him.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t know how long he will be around in 2021. Makes me sad.

God bless Rush!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The wife was teaching and never got to hear Rush. Since she retired a few years back, she's a regular now. She was sobbing at the end of Rush's show today.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
The wife was teaching and never got to hear Rush. Since she retired a few years back, she's a regular now. She was sobbing at the end of Rush's show today.
I too was holding back tears listening to the man that has taught me so much. I feel like he's family.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I listened to the man struggle through explaining his gratitude to Rush. I became equally emotional because I lost a friend to cancer 6 weeks ago and I get the sense Rush doesn't expect to make it past 2021. I just get that sense. Rush has been a part of my life more than any other broadcast personality. While I know he is not for everyone, to me he feels like a friend the same way many of the personalities here feel like friends. We all have to taste from that bitter cup. Sometimes watching our friends/family do it, stings more than having to do it ourselves, I think. I have had too many things I hoped for this year turn out bad. It is getting demoralizing.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I try to listen on a regular basis when I can, sorry to say that I missed todays show. Hope and pray he is well enough to give us another year in 2021 because we need more people like him.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I've listened to him since his days in Sacramento on KFBK IIRC.

The thing I value most is what he told us in the beginning, that we were not alone, we were not delusional in our beliefs and we were in fact the majority.

Brother Rush unified us and IMO is the Father of the conservative movement.

He is a legend and as much to be revered as the Founding Fathers - after all, he has given us the impetus to fight back and the focus to identify our oppressors.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well said Snapping twig. I too started listening back in his Sacramento days when I was at Mare Island.

He has been a rock solid sanity beacon throughout. I pray he stays with us for years to come but I too am a realist about that sadly.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
God Bless Rush...I have been listening since 1992

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
My wife and I heard the final minutes of today's show also. We too were emotional. I pray for him to be with us a long time. But I fear his last days are nearing. I can't say enough good things about the man and what he has done for normal folks and this country. I've listened when possible since the late 80's. We were blessed and got to see him in Fort Collins CO at Dan's bake sale. He truly is the voice of conservatives.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I believe it was 1989 when I started listening, as soon as his show was carried by radio station KTAR in Phoenix. My wife and I were working on a ranch north of Wickenburg, Arizona and the wife (of the couple we worked for) kept talking about listening to Rush back at their home in Harrisburg, PA. When the GOP took control of Congress in ‘94, I felt like it was due, in large part, to Rush and his growing popularity. God Bless him

ETA: Neat to see a reference to Dan’s bake sale.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I have a certificate from Dan's Bake Sale.

Friend was there and grabbed it for me. I was out there the week before and was disappointed, so he took care of me on that. Smile

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I discovered Rush back when he was broadcasting out of Sacramento and I remember wondering who he was.

I moved to SoCal, lost connection with and then rediscovered that he was on 640 KFI Los Angeles. He was on about 175 or so stations, grateful when another one picked him up and soon enough it was 200.

He liked drinking Snapple and had his cigars. I watched his TV show, read the Cigar Aficionado but never made it to a Rush To Excellence event however.

His end days are in sight and he knows the end is soon. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he passes by the first. It's not like him to come back for a last sentimental goodbye. If he can muster the strength he'll do his show. That's his way.

He changed the dialog, critical and political thinking and brought in a place where conservatism could exist.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
His sign off today:

RUSH: A yearly tradition. We wrap up with Mannheim Steamroller and Silent Night, and my ongoing attempts to thank everybody in the audience — all of you — for everything you mean to me. That last call. That reminds me how much I love all of you, how much I so appreciate everything you’ve meant to me and my family.

You don’t have any idea how… I know so many people think this program has changed their lives for the better. You have no idea what you all have meant to me and my family. The day’s gonna come, folks, where I’m not gonna be able to do this. I don’t know when that is. I want to be able to do it for as long as I want to do it.

I want to, but the day will come where I’m not going to be able to, and I want you to understand that even when the day comes, I’d like to be here. ‘Cause I have this sense of needing to constantly show my appreciation for all that you have done and meant to me. So I hope you all have a great Christmas, a great new year, and I hope that the things that are in store for all of us in the coming year are certainly better than what we have endured in 2020.

I don’t know too many people who’ve enjoyed 2020. There are probably some sickos out there who have. But 2021 has to be better. We’re gonna try to make it that way here at the EIB Network. Again, folks, thank you so much. I wish there were a way to say it other than “thank you.” You’re just the best. My family is just the best. Thank you. Merry Christmas, everybody, from all of us to all of you. Make it happen!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course there will be a time when Rush will no longer be on the radio but I was hoping that it would be a time when Trump was president. It would be so much worse to endure Biden without hearing Rush every day. I'm still hoping and praying.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Happy to report that Rush is doing his show today. I know he wasn’t on the air earlier this week, but he is now. He sounds good.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Happy to report that Rush is doing his show today. I know he wasn’t on the air earlier this week, but he is now. He sounds good.

This is great news for an otherwise crappy week.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post