SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forty years ago , Rolling Stones Some Girls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forty years ago , Rolling Stones Some Girls Login/Join 
posted
On this date:
https://www.youtube.com/playli...xXRhtLRcTmURnHktAwLr

seems like 55 years ago , to me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
This album takes me back to the first year I had a car and started dating. Great memories (and great songs too)!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
that album...

I was in the right place at the right time in Hollywood and with the right person to be able to buy an original first pressing.

A year or so later I leant it to my cousin. Never got it back (and never leant him another album).

Today it is one of the most prized and highest valued versions. I have a picture somewhere of it when purchased. Frown

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I just wish I had known an ugly guy who can’t sing could be a rock star!

I thought you had to be like Ricky, or Franky Avalon, or Fabian or something.

Who knew?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
By original first pressing do you mean the version with Marilyn M and the other celebs on it? Guess I’ll need to crank it up soon. Such a great album. People dressed in plastic bags, some kind of fashion.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I love the bass in Miss You. Here's a 9 minute version with lively video.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8xwvKfRFE

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Thx for sharing. I’m going to have to break out the Shute headphones for this one.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Found this also. Not Some Girls but a great listen.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"Because I'm stupid"

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Just graduated from H.S. when this came out

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Booze and pills and powders, you can choose your medicine....

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Who knew?

The one thing you would need JAllen is an ultra huge ego. And after all these years he has gotten ...less attractive, much less of a singer and more conceited. I guess he is even a bigger rock star now.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
that album...

I was in the right place at the right time in Hollywood and with the right person to be able to buy an original first pressing.

A year or so later I leant it to my cousin. Never got it back (and never leant him another album).

Today it is one of the most prized and highest valued versions. I have a picture somewhere of it when purchased. Frown

Ya hate when another persons irresponsibility bites YOU , for a good deed!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Who knew?

The one thing you would need JAllen is an ultra huge ego. And after all these years he has gotten ...less attractive, much less of a singer and more conceited. I guess he is even a bigger rock star now.

I bet I could do that. A few decades of adulation, canoodling with Mariane Faithful and others of similarly amusing qualities, all those royalty checks overwhelming my bankers.

It would have been worth a try, anyway.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
forty years ago , I thought that this album would have been forgotten about , in no time.

but if you listen to the songs,
they hold up real well.
IMO

I wonder why that is?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I was studying at the University in Brussels at the time.
Reviews in my entourage were simply awful.
People hated it, the RS turned Bee Gees...

It was certainly not welcomed when it came out. But the Stones have the virtue to turn any shitty album into a success.

Most kept waiting for the inevitable following albut with a return to roots. There's no beating them at their own game.

Never a follower, as you might have guessed but i listened to an amazing quantity of music in those student days. Had an average purchase record of an album every two days back then. Was a living rock enciclopaedia.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post