SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Valsartan recall-Now Losartan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valsartan recall-Now Losartan Login/Join 
posted
Like others on here I was taking Valsartan and it was recalled because of NMBA contamination.I was switched to Losartan and I was just notified that certain lots of Losartan are being recalled for the same thing.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hell I've gone from Valsartan, to Losartan (which I hate), back to Valsartan which was just recalled for particular lots of the latest brand. I now get to try another lot from the same manufacturer (that will probably be recalled too). Plus it's now pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement. Insurance is getting pissy about this.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I take Losartan. Do you have a link?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My BP is going up just reading this...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Twice in the past 3 months I had to look at the Lot number on my Losartan. Neither time was mine in the recall but it still pisses me off that it has happened a second time.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

https://www.fda.gov/downloads/...Safety/UCM628993.pdf

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Second time around for me. Your pharmacist has a vested interest in providing you with a drug from a safe lot.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we quit buying drugs made in China and India, this crap will end.

Cheap is one thing but there is no quality control in that part of the world.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Jim

Thanks, I'm good to go this time.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Shit, I don't know. I just dump the old bottle of Losartan in the new one and rock on. Now I have to keep all of them separate?

Hey Walgreed - if you sold me some shitty medicine, how about you sort out the lot numbers!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There's just 3-4 pharmaceutical companies involved, however there are many lot numbers.

I did not see the company who produced my Rx, nor the NDC nor the lot number. Something good came out of Baltimore for once.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't get my Losartan in the original pharma containers, they are packaged by my pharmacy and I cannot read the very tiny printing on the labels so don't even know if the lot numbers are there. I'm hoping that my pharmacy keeps track and would notify me if there were a problem.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't get my Losartan in the original pharma containers, they are packaged by my pharmacy and I cannot read the very tiny printing on the labels so don't even know if the lot numbers are there. I'm hoping that my pharmacy keeps track and would notify me if there were a problem.

flashguy

Call them, that is what I did the first time.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with Walgreen, they assure me that none of their lots were affected. This after sending out a notice of caution and to check all your lots before taking another (I don't still have the bottles and have some mixed from different lots).

Comforting, I guess. Seems unlikely that they would actually waste the considerable money of a mass mailing for something that isn't even remotely an issue for their patients. hmmmmmm

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Jim

Thank you for posting the link! I take it as well, but I'm lucky, it's not part of the recall.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Excerpt:

quote:

If you take blood pressure medicine, you’ll want to double-check your bottle. Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. has expanded its recall of losartan potassium and losartan potassium/hydrochlorothiazide tablets.

Tests found trace amounts of a potentially cancer-causing impurity called N-methylnitrosobutyric acid in some of these drugs. The company is recalling 36 additional lots, it said Thursday.

More at Recall of blood pressure drug losartan expanded

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post