SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Para I am very glad you made it through that situation, and hope you have many good years ahead of you.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for what you do. Get well soon!

Posts: 868 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Depressed? It hadn't even occurred to me.

This will be a major factor in your recovery. Smile

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

“Know you are safe.”

I so want to believe that and believing so is half the battle, no?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Just picked up on this thread. Very thankful you went to the hospital and are on the mend! I had a widowmaker about 6 years ago with 95% in both arteries. I had no symptoms whatsoever other than I was tired. No pain, no nothing. I called my wife and she said she would take me to the doctor if I didn't feel well when she got home. I considered lying down but didn't thank god. Then I started thinking and for some reason decided to chew a couple of aspirin. My surgeon told me if I had laid down I would have never woken up. He also told me that if I hadn't chewed some aspirin I would have likely died before the hospital. I was also fortunate that my heart had grown some extension which only happens in about 20% of people. Told me if i didn't have those I would have likely died. The only reason I became concerned was as I was leaving for the hospital I got VIOLENTLY sick throwing up as hard as I have ever. That got me a little worried. I got even more worried when the Priest showed up in my room within 5 minutes of getting there. I asked my wife "What the fuck is he doing here".

In the end it all worked out fabulously. GET CHECKED! I had several of my salesmen get tested after me and two of them found significant blockages and subsequently had surgeries. PLEASE take this seriously. I pretty much hate doctors but in this case they absolutely saved my life.

Para, wishing you a speedy and full recovery. You are a lucky man as well!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm glad you acted when you did and now feeling much better.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B1wOK9yGUYM" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Awesome to hear Para!!!!!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hang on. Time to take my medication.

Hit it, Tone...

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
HA! Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re still in the fight

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Great time to re-watch the Game of Thrones, all the Marvel Universe movies - in their chronological order, Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad, and even all of Futurama - in order. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Glad you took care of it.

Great song!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I don’t post nearly as much as I used to and had no idea this was going on. Glad to hear you are doing well. I could not imagine not seeing that eagle with a red background anymore, and perish the thought of this forum disappearing. Of all the forums I’ve belonged to over the years, this one remains my favorite.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Depressed? It hadn't even occurred to me. I was depressed before I went to the hospital, when I felt like I was doing everything for the last time. Now? I feel fantastic, and not only that, my mind is noticeably quicker.

I'm ready once again to take on the world. I'll just say that Chuck Norris is a bit nervous right now.

MAKE READY MY TREBUCHET!!

You crack me up! LOL indeed.

You’re definitely starting to feel better!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Sweet Baby Jesus, that was a close call, Para! I’m glad you finally went in and they took care of you.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chillin' at my crib.
An elephant stood on my chest.
I cruised down to the hospital.
Doc said you need bed rest.
She woke me up at three,
Said "I'm your nurse Kristina.
Lay back baby and open wide
For your Funky Cold Medina"

Yeah

(guitar riff)
(cow bell)

What she gave me didn't come in no bottle, nomsane?

(guitar riff)
(cowbell)

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
So Glad You are on the mend.

Prayers sent

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot DAMN you ARE feelin' good, aintchya?!?! Puts a big smile on my face at the end of a crappy day! Congrats again!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post