SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All kidding aside, yes, she seems to possess infinite patience, a quality I lack and a quality I not only admire deeply, but which fascinates me. She possesses another admirable quality which is unfortunately all too rare. She will not tell a lie, not even about the smallest thing. When compelled to utter an uncomfortable truth, she wields the knife in such a way as to minimize the pain. This has been a great comfort to me in our relationship. I knew if ever she found someone else, she would simply tell me about it. Cheating requires deception. Deception is lying. She appears incapable of this. It's marvelous.

She was raised right, by truly decent Christian people who worked all their lives and appear to have never bothered anyone.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, As you can see from my post count I keep my fingers quiet and my thoughts to myself. However I check in here almost every morning for some insight, information and a laugh. You run a tight ship and the majority of us really approve of that. I'm VERY happy you are still with us !!

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.

Posts: 168 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Although I’ve never met or even spoken with you, we go back a lot of years now and I look forward to a lot more so do what Stan says. He got my attention when, in conversation when a few of us got together, I remarked about how people here live long lives and he pointed out that those people had very different diets than I did at the time. I took the hint.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, you may very well be the second most fortunate Gemini ,that I know.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
P210, thanks for the testimonial!
My wife and I really enjoyed those good times with you and Greg!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just got back from my first post-op visit. sjtill asked me to inquire about my 'ejection fraction'. This indicates how well the heart is pumping blood and the value is expressed as a percentage. I was hesitant to ask because I didn't want any news about things I could not affect. I bit the bullet and asked and I'm happy to say mine was 55%. EKG looks good. BP when they checked it was 127/70.

I told the doctor I felt as if my neglect of these things may have resulted in permanent damage to my heart. He said there's no indication of that. No one is more surprised than I.

Also, I am grateful to have an American doctor, something which seems to be in woefully short supply these days. He's a damn nice guy to boot.

Blue skies

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Blue skies

Outstanding.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
All kidding aside, yes, she seems to possess infinite patience, a quality I lack and a quality I not only admire deeply, but which fascinates me. She possesses another admirable quality which is unfortunately all too rare. She will not tell a lie, not even about the smallest thing. When compelled to utter an uncomfortable truth, she wields the knife in such a way as to minimize the pain. This has been a great comfort to me in our relationship. I knew if ever she found someone else, she would simply tell me about it. Cheating requires deception. Deception is lying. She appears incapable of this. It's marvelous.

She was raised right, by truly decent Christian people who worked all their lives and appear to have never bothered anyone.

This is my wife as well, although not nearly as delicate. I used to tell white lies or lies of omission. She quickly beat that habit out of me. People wondered how we could be apart for years and never worry about cheating (we did 2 years long distance, me in the US and her in Taiwan). It's this trust that we have built and she can read me like a book and I wouldn't get away with lying if I tried. It's amazing how much a good woman can change a man for the better.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That's awesome news, Para. Thanks for the update.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Great news, Para!
55% is normal; and if there were an area of the heart not moving due to a previous unrecognized heart attack he would have told you, and it would have shown up on the EKG.
BP is super ([brag]that’s what mine is without meds[/brag].
People who have had a heart attack and have an ejection fraction of 40-55% still do really well functionally; but your result is as good as one could ask for, seriously.

I’m also really glad to hear you like your cardiologist. I can’t remember how many times people were surprised I actually listened to them and seemed to care about my patients, as if other docs didn’t. I’m sure other physicians on the forum have heard similar stories.

Did you talk with the cardiologist yet about his recommendations for (ahem) diet and exercise? Wink

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great news, Mike!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Did you talk with the cardiologist yet about his recommendations for (ahem) diet and exercise? Wink
Only indirectly on the diet part. I mentioned to him how I sometimes feel after large meals and I asked him if he felt this had to do with sodium content. His response was to note that I mentioned I had acid reflux in the past. I told him, yes, but I hadn't had trouble with that for several years. He felt that I still have issues with acid reflux, except that it is manifesting itself in a way that I am not identifying as acid reflux and he prescribed a new medication for me to address it.

I think the doctor is taking a one-thing-at-a-time approach. Lets face it- he knows he's dealing with a patient that it took the prospect of imminent death to finally go to the doctor.

I asked him if I could cut my yard tomorrow but instead, he recommended cardiac rehab. Three sessions a week for eight weeks. This would allow me to be monitored in a controlled environment. Sounds expensive. I told him I'd discuss it with my wife, but tomorrow, I'm cutting my yard, at least the front. We're beginning to look kinda trashy in the neighborhood and it bothers me. I understand his intent with the suggestion for crdiac rehab, but I feel it's unnecessary for me.

If I had elevated BP, a lower ejection fraction, etc, then I would follow his recommendation. As it stands, we're gonna find out how I do tomorrow. The wife will watch me in case I keel over, which I am glad to say, I do not anticipate.

I want to work up a good sweat. I need to do so to see for myself, if that makes any sense.

This country is on the verge of falling apart completely and I need to be able to be on the firing line when the time comes.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well Bugs Bunny, about that diet...

Maybe you'll get luckey and Popeye can show up for a meal or two just to break up the monotony.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing the good news.

Yes, it makes sense. Here's to tomorrow's test going well.

You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful wife, but you already know that Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Good for you buddy...glad to hear the good news of your post op visit!

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to work up a good sweat. I need to do so to see for myself, if that makes any sense.
Roll Eyes

Well, boss, try not to make that mowing too early in the morning Pacific time, but you've got my number. And I'll bet you've got a little bottle of nitro. Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It may not seem to be the way to go about it, but I am not going to run on a wheel like some Goddamned hamster while a bored tech reads his Facebook page. If an activity I've performed many times over many years kills me, something is seriously out of whack, and if that's the way it is, it certainly has concealed itself completely, from me and the doctor, both. I feel fine and I want to get some exercise- the kind that costs me less than a dollar's worth of gasoline and not the however much that 24 sessions of cardiac rehab would cost me.

Everyone keeps telling me "You shouldn't worry about the money" and my response to that is- doesn't anyone pay their bills any more?

Besides, it looks like rain again tomorrow around here, so I may not get the chance for a day or two.

posted Hide Post
quote:
It may not seem to be the way to go about it, but I am not going to run on a wheel like some Goddamned hamster while a bored tech reads his Facebook page. If an activity I've performed many times over many years kills me, something is seriously out of whack, and if that's the way it is, it certainly has concealed itself completely, from me and the doctor, both. I feel fine and I want to get some exercise- the kind that costs me less than a dollar's worth of gasoline and not the however much that 24 sessions of cardiac rehab would cost me.

Everyone keeps telling me "You shouldn't worry about the money" and my response to that is- doesn't anyone pay their bills any more?

Besides, it looks like rain again tomorrow around here, so I may not get the chance for a day or two.

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry about that slip. listen to your gut, if gut and wife are on the same page it might be in your best interest to consider. just my own experiance! Ron

Posts: 8 | Registered: July 12, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit going to medical professionals and chiro's , who wouldn't offer a quote before the visit,
12 years ago.

It took two years and five doctors,
But I found people that understood
My financial concerns.

With very few exceptions,
I know within $30.00 ,what my bill is going to be.
No surprised, for me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post