SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Glad your feeling better and here is to a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that you took the advice and didn't try to shed it off as something minor. I pray for you and your family for a full recovery. GOD bless the membership here, so many knowledgeable people here from every walk of life, I am humbled to be a part of such a great community.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Really glad to hear this Para.

I know what you mean about docs. I try to avoid mine, but sometimes I have to see him and listen to him.

Take care of yourself.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that the right actions were taken, all our prayers for your continuing recovery.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Damn, Para! I was busy with classes the past few days and just now getting caught up. So glad you have cheated the reaper and are on the mend. The repartee would not be the same without you. Our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Wow, close call Mike! I am in a similar situation, to a lesser degree, have my cath scheduled next month.

Get well soon!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Wow...I’m glad that you sought treatment and wish you well on your road to recovery!

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
With all due respect......Jesus Lord, you're a stubborn SOB even for a guy. I really enjoyed your writing and hope like hell to be reading more many years from now. I'm glad you're feeling like a new man. Heal up, kick ass, and take good care of yourself.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you listened to good advice from sjtill, and are still around to fight another day. Hope you heal quickly.

Posts: 756 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Glad you got it all taken care of, even if you got too close for comfort.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Holy shit!

You are one lucky SOB, here's to a full and complete recovery.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Glad you are OK Para, that shit is serious. I lost my 46 year old nephew about a year ago because he would not go to the doctor about weakness and chest pain, you did good listening to sjtill.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's to a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hi Para, I'm glad to see you are doing well. I was wondering just yesterday about you, you hadn't been posting, so I assumed something was up.

I'm so glad you caught it in time, and I pray for your recovery.

It's definitely an eye opener, a life changer, to have come through that and have a new life of health and wellness ahead of you.

If you don't mind, I'll share my story, and I'll keep it as brief as possible. 10 years ago I was taking a routine physical at my family doc, and because I was over 50 years of age he gave me a EKG. He came back in frowning and said something didn't look right on it, so he sent me to see the cardiologist. I went with the paper strip EKG in hand, the Cardiologist said the EKG was looking fine, so he gave me another. It was fine too, he said. However, since I was over 50, he wanted me to take a nuclear scan and stress test. I failed it, and then went to the cath lab. When I woke up, he said my Widow Maker was 80% clogged so he put a Stent in me. He said I was basically a walking dead man, sooner or later, a walking fatal heart attack. I'm thankful to still be here, and I'm thankful I never had a heart attack.

Thank you for providing this wonderful forum, and all that you do to keep it running ship shape.

I probably don't need to say this, but just follow the Cardiologists suggestions. Eat right, exercise, make all your appointments as scheduled. And make sure your wife gets checked out too, and if she needs anything then modern medicine can have at it.

The totally awesome and wonderful thing is that we now have the best medical care and technology ever. Things that were not curable not too many years ago are so easily taken care of now, with rapid and easy recovery, that in years past would have killed us. Modern Medical Technology is amazing.

And finally I want to tell you that you have a gift for writing. I love reading your work, you are blessed with talent and have worked to develop it.

May God Bless you and keep you, and your Wife as well.

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Glad you went and are feeling better Para!

Thank you sjtill!! Smile Best regards, 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Glad to hear you're on the mend. And here's to sjtill!

Indeed!!! Cannot express how happy I am for Para and his wife. They are still together.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why, oh why, then, did I not go to the doctor? The reason is that in my current circumstances, I had no insurance and since I felt doomed, I saw no reason to saddle my widow with obscenely large medical bills.

Para, and everyone else, money is not a problem when it comes to your health.

Shootings, stabbings, car wrecks, falls, overdoses, etc., for 30 years I saw the indigent crowd of the aforementioned admitted and treated at the Hospital. Sure there is a bill and yes I am also sure this indigent group never paid a dime.

But we, the good members of this Forum, will pay our medical bills..a little at a time if need be, but we will pay for the treatment. But we have to make it to the hospital to be treated!

Glad your better. A lesson for us all to listen to our bodies.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
whoa. that was close. glad they could tune you up. easy does it.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, I'm so glad that you are on the mend. I'm glad that you will be fighting the good fight in these crazy times.

I felt something wasn't quite right, but I just didn't know what, couldn't place it.

You will be in my prayers.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Well played. A lesson for us all, glad you are doing better.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post