SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, you should be taking Co-enzyme Q10. When the heart muscle cells are deprived of oxygen, the mitochondria inside are injured and start to die. When the mitochondria die, the muscle cell dies.

Taking CoQ10 dramatically improves the survival of the mitochondria, and the heart muscle cells can return to full health.

It is not too late, I cannot stress how important this is.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Wow, Para! Best wishes for continued improvement!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Man, I’m glad you reached out and took the good advice and received some medical care. In this case, you purchased time. Here’s hoping for a quick recovery.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Stay healthy. I'll say a prayer for your continued health.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Para, very glad to hear of your recovery-in-progress, sir!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on your recovery, Para.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Wow! Glad you are doing well. Praying for you!

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is good news on so many levels. It is a scary thing to think about our mortality and the realization of it all. I will pray for your recovery and your heart,both physically and spiritually.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Grateful to hear that you've made it through what many do not! Hopeful that you have no further issues and recover completely!

And thank you for your authenticity/vulnerability. As a leader, it's common for us to hold that in and not share but your journey/experience could save the lives of other folks.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
OH MY GOSH! I am sooo glad you went in and got it taken care of! Wishing you the best, Para. Thank you, sjtill for helping Para out Cool

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you went in. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!

You have a new lease on life... may you enjoy it for decades to come!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
God Bless, glad you're doing better, enjoy the new lease on life.
Spunk

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you put the lime in the coconut yet?

you got to put them both together,

then you'll feel better

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't find that in the Doctor's orders, bendable. Maybe I'll try it anyway.

My wife just walked in here, grasped my hand and said "I'm glad you're here."

I said to her "I'm glad you're here. I'd hate to go through this alone."

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, years of marriage tend to make husbands and wives complacent. It's not that you no longer love each other, but rather, the natural tendency of humans to take the familiar and commonplace for granted. This experience, though, of me coming so close to the edge of the abyss and her witnessing it, and the implications of all of that has snapped each of us out of a trance and reaffirmed our relationship.

When we decided to get married, I told the woman who would become my wife that this was a one-time deal for me, so we'd better be sure of what we were doing. I told her I couldn't bear to go through a divorce, and even if I was wrong about that, I would never remarry. Thankfully, it's all worked out and we will be together until the death of one of us, most likely me. This has little to do with my recent scare or whatever may follow. It just so happens that on both sides of my wife's family, her relatives live to remarkable old age, sometime past 100, so her good genes will keep her on this rock longer than I. I can't say I mind this. It's selfish of me, but she'll have to be the one to remain. If she were to go before me, I would lose my will to live.

Hemingway knew it. He wrote "There is no lonelier man in death, except the suicide, than that man who has lived many years with a good wife and then outlived her. If two people love each other there can be no happy end to it."

So, she will shoulder the burden of which I will be spared. That's selfish of me, but there's no changing it.

Anyway, it looks like these things are once again off in the distance- not nearly as far as they were when we first met, but certainly farther away than they were a week ago today.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Geez, Para, you're so gloomy. I sure hope they gave you a large bottle of mood enhancing drugs. Better living through chemistry and all that. Well, I had pain and needed them. I figured all was well and I could go back to living like an asshole. Then 8 years after my bypass, I had a valve go bad. That actually was worse than the bypass.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's nothing gloomy about my post unless you consider life itself gloomy, Dick. It's too bad that's what you got out of what I said. I've got a wife who loves me and has been and will be with me throughout all of this. I'm very lucky to have her.

People tell me that depression is normal after stuff like this. Well, I'm not depressed. I don't need drugs to alter my mood. I feel fine. I feel far better than I did before I entered the hospital. Before going in, I felt as if my life was over. I feel that way no longer. The way I feel, is grateful to be alive. It's mildy exhilarating.

The only depressing thing in this thread- and I am sorry to say it- is that you seem determined to make me believe that I'll require further surgery. This is the second time in ths thread you've alluded to such. That may very well be the case, but how 'bout you let me see what happens? I haven't even had my first follow-up visit yet and you're talking about additional procedures. I want to savor my victory.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Para, you are blessed with a wonderful wife.
My wife is half of me. Your relationship with your "other half" is most important. I'm happy for you.

SigForum will be your legacy that will benefit many others in the future.

Best wishes on your future.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only depressing thing in this thread- and I am sorry to say it- is that you seem determined to make me believe that I'll require further surgery. This is the second time in ths thread you've alluded to such. That may very well be the case, but how 'bout you let me see what happens? I haven't even had my first follow-up visit yet and you're talking about additional procedures. I want to savor my victory.

If you want my opinion--and I have reason to believe you might--you may very well never need another procedure. IF you stick with your BP meds, statin, aspirin and Plavix (or equivalent). Most of my patients didn't need anything else for years; but I don't know if that one LAD lesion was all they saw or not.

You are indeed fortunate to have a wonderful wife, and she must be particularly patient to, you know, put up with you all these years. Big Grin

Posts: 18052 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post