SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
We never know how much time we have and you have been a guiding force for many on this forum and have our deepest respect. Sometimes we do need a wake up call. Fortunately you heeded great advice and are here to share your story. Heal up well and thank you for all you do for us.

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Glad you are on the mend, Para. I don't post often but I do appreciate this forum and am a frequent reader. I have learned a lot over the years, especially in my early days when I chose the P229 to be the first pistol I purchased and one I still own.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Para, glad that you contacted sjtill and that he was available to offer you sound advice so you could get it checked out and fixed. Best wishes as you continue on the mend. Finally, like Zeke, I don't post a lot but I greatly enjoy reading your forum almost daily and appreciate all you do here. Thanks!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! I had no clue until reading the Future of thread. Glad you caught it in time!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well. ima off to get my heart checked next year when my sick time kicks off..

Thanks for the heads up, time to get checked. Funky Cold Medina indeed.

Thanks for the reminder.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't you dare leave out milly vanilly and paula abdule during this retros funk.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
and continue my duties as Chief Curmudgeon of the forum.

I thought that waa my job.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
Get well soon. Smile

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Hey, glad youre not dead yet. Big Grin

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Ya know, I went through this back in November of 2009. I think the thread title was "Posting from my death bed". Guys don't share information enough. We get plenty of signs, just man up and ignore them. When you start wimping out, its a sign.

For me, I was leading a hike in Moab, UT. It was the spring of that year and instead of leading the hike, I was falling back and sitting down. Multiple times. I toughed it out and finished the hike(Moab Rim to Teardrop arch). Others saw me failing but didn't take charge and tell me.

And don't think the surgery will fix the entire problem. 2 years ago I needed a valve job. Not 3 angle, but bad enough.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
And don't think the surgery will fix the entire problem.
Thanks for the pep talk, Dick.
quote:
2 years ago I needed a valve job.
Who gives a fuck about your car?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Glad you pulled out of the dive just before hitting the ground and are on the mend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear you’re doing better Para!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
And don't think the surgery will fix the entire problem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Having some familiarity with coronary artery disease, I am sure your cardiologist discussed your overall health. I personally know many people who do quite well with one stent in the LAD for the rest of their lives. Needing a valve replacement is an entirely different matter.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts sent your way Para !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Don't you dare leave out milly vanilly and paula abdule during this retros funk.
Aw, shit. Ya done it now. I had to summon the ghost of Stevie Ray Vaughn to disinfect this thread.

Shredding in 3, 2, 1...

From Austin City Limits IIRC. Worth listening to twice in a row.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm talkin about. The not fuckin around club is in session. Big Grin

Monday's never been better!

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And, on a more personal note, well, tell 'em, Stevie.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Wow Para! A guy disconnects for a while to move his family to a new home a couple hundred miles from our last, not to mention still getting settled in, and logs in to this!?!?! I'll be catching up on "the future of SIGforum" thread shortly too. So glad that things turned out for the better for you and my prayers have been offered for your continued healing, comfort, and peace. Glad to see you are keeping the good humor posts rolling too. Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BRB I'ma go cut the yard. Where's my flashlight?