SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    iPhone 8 - <watch question bottom of page 10> <Thread request in OP....please review>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

iPhone 8 - <watch question bottom of page 10> <Thread request in OP....please review> Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I'm holding with my SE. Bigger is not always better for me. If they make an 8SE in a new case design with a modest size, but with some of the new features, I might consider.

Posts: 11337 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We have iPhone 5SE's. I really can't see going with a bigger phone when we have iPads. plus, we tend to keep things until technology outpaces them.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have Bluetooth headphones. I also use Bluetooth through the house. I just hate having to constantly worry about charging the headphones that I keep stashed everywhere.

Like I said the loss of the jack isn't a deal breaker as the adaptors are cheap and work fine but I do get a little peeved when I switch to a normal device with a jack and back.

I cannot imagine I will upgrade until the iPhone 9 as I typically skip gens. Facial rec. does nothing for me.

Frankly if you want to impress me ditch all the extra horsepower/features etc. and give me a 2 day phone at full usage. Add a little thickness, work on the battery tech and throw a bigger battery in there.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 6 Plus, I wouldn't be looking to upgrade, but having issues with the charging cable. I used to upgrade every other model, but have been content with the 6 Plus.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bamf
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm all Apple at our home as well. I'm on the iPhone upgrade plan from Apple and I'll be upgrading also. I don't know why, but I really don't like the vertically arranged lenses for the camera. Other than that, I have been waiting for a full screen iPhone for 3 or 4 years now. That almost made me go Android back then, but the hardware compatibility with our other devices kept me going back to Apple.

"I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim" - Ænema

Posts: 4599 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 7 and am happy with it. However, if they came out with a RUGGED version of the 8, I'd jump on it.......I HATE the fact that a normal man, needs a case to protect the phone and still be careful with it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Wife and I each have a 6. They work fine and I was originally gonna jump on an 8 but I don't see a reason to upgrade.

We both have ipads and I just bought a MacBook Pro 16GB/500GB and am learning my way around after being a PC guy for ever.

I'll probably lament and pick up an 8s someday but for now all my 6 needs is a new case.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4207 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I got my 7 last year I opted to pay a couple of extra dollars a month for an "early upgrade" option so I will probably get one

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I need double the storage that I have now which is merely 16 gig.

Hopefully the bottom of the line 7 is that and I will finally upgrade my 6 which I have had for over 2 years.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 5s and was waiting until the 8 to upgrade, but at that price it seems a bit steep. I have not bought a phone in a while, does Sprint still give you a discount on the phone with a 2 year contract? I heard they were doing away with that.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have a 6S that I like. I don't usually jump on the latest releases from Apple, but stick more to the refinement bumps.

That being said, I don't see myself moving away from Apple anytime soon, and would probably use the 8 or whatever with the facial recognition software turned off. Touch ID and passcode are enough for me. I dobn't need the mic or camera on full-time.

Ever.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9138 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Will this new iPhone come with the ability to add external memory like an SD card? It's one of those things that my wife hates about her current iPhone.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30280 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will this new iPhone come with the ability to add external memory like an SD card? It's one of those things that my wife hates about her current iPhone.

Unlikely. I've never seen that as an option and do not expect to this time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12296 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the new phone will be even more drunk proof. The 7 is surprisingly strong. I've dropped it probably 10 times and fully submerged it twice and other than a few scratches in the screen my 7 doing great with only a minamilist $15 cheap case for protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21045 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Why would you pay $1000?!? The Apple "lease"'program breaks the payments down to $25-40 a month, includes Apple Care, and you get a new iPhone every time they come out! It's a pretty sweet deal. I've been on this program for almost a couple a years now.

I just checked this online...the renewal rate for an iPhone 8 would be $64.82/month- exactly twice what I'm paying for my iPhone 7. Additionally, I would have to pay off the remaining 12 months of loan balance since it's only been a year, and of course turn in the i7 in good condition.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16248 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 6Splus. I will use it until it dies or something I can't live without appears like a week long battery.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Unlikely. I've never seen that as an option and do not expect to this time.

I never understood the need to have more local expansion. I have everything accessible on all my Apple platforms using iCloud. Granted I pay extra for this, but money well spent to store 6400+ audio, hundreds of video, and 15,000+ Photos. I really would hate to manage a wallet of SD cards. This is what makes cloud services great. Globally accessible storage that you always have available.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2218 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Is Apple sticking with the lightning cable or will it be USB-C with the 8?

I started with the 4S, switched to the One Plus One, switched to the 6S, got my daughter a 5c, then a 6, got my son a 5S, sold the 6S when I switched to the One Plus Five. Thinking of getting a 7+ or 7S+ if released. I need a second line.

I prefer to buy my phones outright over leasing.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7989 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Why would you pay $1000?!? The Apple "lease"'program breaks the payments down to $25-40 a month, includes Apple Care, and you get a new iPhone every time they come out! It's a pretty sweet deal. I've been on this program for almost a couple a years now.

I just checked this online...the renewal rate for an iPhone 8 would be $64.82/month- exactly twice what I'm paying for my iPhone 7. Additionally, I would have to pay off the remaining 12 months of loan balance since it's only been a year, and of course turn in the i7 in good condition.

If your on the Apple plan you only need to pay 12 months to be eligible to upgrade. Don't have to pay off the difference

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6214 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

If your on the Apple plan you only need to pay 12 months to be eligible to upgrade. Don't have to pay off the difference

You are correct. It's only the first 12 months that need to be paid off. Thank you for the correction.

It's still double my existing monthly loan payment, so I don't feel excited pending any major features on the 8.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16248 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post