SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trapping illegal immigrants.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trapping illegal immigrants. Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Just a thought Wink

ICE is starting to crack down hard on the illegals in Memphis and some immigrant advocacy group is all up in arms. Each hand wringing sob story says basically the same thing, hardworking, dedicated family member, pays taxes, etc.

The group made a statement in the last case about these poor people being deported unjustly because being in the country illegally is just a civil misdemeanor and not a criminal offense. This got me to thinking about how to make them not only criminals, but felons.

On the ATF 4473 form it asks the question:

Question 12c. Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States?

Above the signature line is the following statement:

“I also understand that making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law.”

This question and statement could be added to every government form, Tax Forms, Census Forms and more importantly, every application for any benefits.

If they are illegal, either way they answer screws them. Answer Yes and it gets flagged, earning you a trip back to where you came from. Answer No and you get caught later, you get sent back home as a felon after you’ve served your time.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What is a "civil misdemeanor?"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

I have no idea, it's a term they used.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
J, you have to know this. I think "administrative violation" is the term I've heard used before. Think parking ticket.

quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
If they really wanted to catch the illegals...the ICE guys could roll into Walmart parking lots on Saturday and replace the bus driver with an agent.....

just saying, it ain't that hard

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Snares and Tacos are probably a winning combination.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Snares and Tacos are probably a winning combination.

Snares & tequila?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I might be odd man out, I think we should encourage immigration, that is how all of us got here (except for those who have Native American heritage).

But I would encourage immigration for those who want a better life than is possible in their homeland, and who are fully willing to obey the laws here, and who are fully willing to assimilate into American culture.

My angst is immigrants who want all the freedoms and opportunities America affords, but who don't/won't obey the laws, and who want to maintain their homeland culture, expecting America to assimilate to them. But they still expect/demand their free seat on the gravy-train.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
A Glenkinchie and a snare to trap those bloody Scots.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I think we should encourage immigration, that is how all of us got here (except for those who have Native American heritage).

Da fuque you talkin' 'bout, Willis. Smile

My kids are sixth or seventh generation Floridians, on my Momma's side. We're as 'Native American' as anyone.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

That could work, but what about the Norwegians?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

Here it comes ...

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wait for it...

wait ...

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

LUTEFISK !!! Smile

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

LUTEFISK !!! Smile

Lutefisk. Yumm. Dried Whitefish soaked in Lye. That will attract some Canadians, as well. Anything that snares Canadians sounds like a good idea to me.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
$5 per head will git er done real fast!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I might be odd man out, I think we should encourage immigration, that is how all of us got here (except for those who have Native American heritage).

But I would encourage immigration for those who want a better life than is possible in their homeland, and who are fully willing to obey the laws here, and who are fully willing to assimilate into American culture.

My angst is immigrants who want all the freedoms and opportunities America affords, but who don't/won't obey the laws, and who want to maintain their homeland culture, expecting America to assimilate to them. But they still expect/demand their free seat on the gravy-train.

I suppose what I heard of FOX earlier today may be to your liking then. We may no longer allow immigration except in cases where there is reason to believe the immigrant will have the means available to contribute to society. Things like a degree, can speak English, have a skill/craft which will make them employable. The Liberals have their panties all in a wad over it, but it makes sense to me. As a backup argument, our friends to the north, the last I knew, require that you be able to speak French and English and have a job with a needed skill lined up before taking up residence. Sounds like a better plan than whatever we're running on here today. According to the FOX segment, there have been something like 1.1 million immigrants allowed into the U.S. every year from 2010 til 2015 and approximately 50% of those are on some sort of welfare.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I sure hope the "English" is better than the gibberish my Asian Economics professor spoke. No one in the class understood a word he said except for the furriners that came from his country. Of course they had out of the classroom private lessons over dinner. Fortunately the Asst. Prof. was 'Murican or none of the rest of us would have passed.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
how they pay taxes

They do but only in the case of a sales tax or fuel tax. They can't pay Federal income taxes because they lack a SS number. they can get a fraudulent one and screw the owner of that number when they find the additional income credited to their account that they never saw.

An estimated 49 percent of households headed by legal immigrants used one or more welfare programs in 2012, compared to 30 percent of households headed by natives.

Households headed by legal immigrants have higher use rates than native households overall and for cash programs (14 percent vs. 10 percent), food programs (36 percent vs. 22 percent), and Medicaid (39 percent vs. 23 percent). Use of housing programs is similar.
Legal immigrant households account for three-quarters of all immigrant households accessing one or more welfare programs.
Less-educated legal immigrants make extensive use of every type of welfare program, including cash, food, Medicaid, and housing.

The overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants have modest levels of education; therefore, the high use of welfare associated with less-educated legal immigrants indicates that legalization would likely increase welfare costs, particularly for cash and housing programs.

Restrictions on new legal immigrants’ access to welfare have not prevented them from accessing programs at high rates because restrictions often apply to only a modest share of immigrants at any one time, some programs are not restricted, there are numerous exceptions and exemptions, and some provisions are entirely unenforced. Equally important, immigrants, including those illegally in the country, can receive welfare on behalf of their U.S.-born children.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:

This ^^^^^

America, the great melting pot!

Sure it is, but they don't want to melt...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post