SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendation for a Vehicle Snow Broom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for a Vehicle Snow Broom Login/Join 
posted
Anyone recommend one they have and like?

I see bristles and foam. I'm thinking foam. Concerned about the telescoping mechanisms most though. I've found anything mechanical and ice\snow don't mix.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I use my cordless leaf blower the most for light to semi-wet snow. Works like a champ.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I use my cordless leaf blower the most for light to semi-wet snow. Works like a champ.

Jim

The wife isn't taking a leaf blower with her to work.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a type called a Snow Pro. Just knocked off 10 inches of snow of the Durangos roof. Wont scratch paint, either. So they claim, anyway. The foam head unscrews from a solid steel handle. No telescope so it should be storable in a car.
Amazon has them for around $25. $$ well spent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We have a SnoBrum and it's AWESOME. No more trying to knock heavy snow off the tops of cars with a broom, you just give it a shove with this and off it goes.

I'd gladly pay double or triple what they want for one of these, they are that good:

The only issue I had was the handle getting a little loose over time in the plastic threaded socket on the foam piece, but I wrapped a small piece of electrical tape over the threads of the handle and screwed it back on tight, much like you would use Teflon tape on pipe threads.

SnoBrum Original Snow Removal Tool

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Second vote for the sno brūm.

Works on the light stuff as well as the heavy. I do keep a cheap bristle wand with ice scraper for the edges and wiper area, but that combo has worked well for me over the last 5 years.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Alaska, I had a 6' long telescoping ice scraper that had a snow brush on the other end. Worked great for my full-size Silverado. While the truck heated up, I'd brush off the snow on the hood, windows, and roof so they wouldn't deposit snow on windows while I drove. Then, I flipped it over and scraped off the windshield so it wouldn't tear up wiper blades and I could see. Also, scraped off the other windows to be able to see.

Pro tip: if it's going to snow, leave your windshield wipers lifted up so they don't freeze down to the window. Your windshield wipers will last longer and work better.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I use a type called a Snow Pro. Just knocked off 10 inches of snow of the Durangos roof. Wont scratch paint, either. So they claim, anyway. The foam head unscrews from a solid steel handle. No telescope so it should be storable in a car.
Amazon has them for around $25. $$ well spent.

Is it a snow pro or a snow Joe? I found something similar to your description called a snow Joe, but not a snow pro.

**Edit**

Nevermind, looks like it's a version of the Snobrum. Guess that's what I need. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Yep... The supposedly heavier duty version of the Snow Brum. I bought it for the non-telescoping steel handle.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
SnoBrum with a fixed wooden handle in the garage and one with a telescoping aluminum handle in the truck.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Foam works as advertised. Telescoping handle makes clearing very easy even when Heavy Snow is present.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post