SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ureteroscopy for 9mm stone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ureteroscopy for 9mm stone Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Lithotripsy started when some Germans started shooting water at an airplane wing and noticed it was pitting on the inside. They made the leap to busting kidney stones. Go figure!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ureteroscopy is the way to go. The stent is your friend until removal time. Short in office procedure to remove, but you'll remember that one. Had folks rolling on the floor when I told that story later at work.
The MOST important aspect of this, if after procedure you do not have a catheter in your bladder - SIT DOWN TO PEE. MF I almost passed out.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Going in to break the stones apart (laser) and grabbing the large remnants would be better for me....except the 6mm stone stuck in my ureter was a bit stubborn, and a large fragment floated back up into the kidney.

Three procedures to get them all.

The stent can bother many people while it is in, but it's necessary.

Make DAMN sure they give you a prescription for Phenazopyridine. Will make urinating tolerable. A lower strength version is OTC.

I'm surprised he wants to do both kidneys at once. I thought that if anything went wrong, at least you would have one happy kidney to function with.... I guess he doesn't plan any shockwaves then.

You'll be fine. Get your heating pad ready just in case. That helped after the stent was removed (the kidney was angered).

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Had another Ultra Sound and the stone now sits at 11mm.

Went ahead and scheduled to have the ureteroscopy on the 5th. Provider says with that size stone they plan it taking anywhere from 2-5 hours. They will be just be doing one side since the stone is so large. Not looking forward to the stent but I am sure I will be happy that it is there and even happier when it gets removed.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

But perhaps if you have CNN report on it, it will magically turn into a .9mm stone and you won't need the procedure?

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Had the surgery to remove a 11mm stone and they ended up removing about 4 other stones. Stone free in the left kidney. Coming out surgery was horrible. Intense pain in kidney and bladder. Finally went pee after 4000cc of fluid. Finally feeling better today. Still having some bladder and kidney spasms.
Get to remove the stent myself on Monday. Any advice on this? Not looking forward to this but it will nice not to have the stent.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Tell yourself that you're going to pull on the count of three... then pull on 2!

Glad they got that side cleaned out, and that the procedure went well.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the update , get well soon.

I well print this out and look at it every time I want to cheat on my very restrictive, low oxilate diet.

I used to pass'em every 14-16 months , but since Ive started the new diet , with the help of a few pills, I have not produced any more stone.s

life is good when you are not crumpled up, retching in fainting caliber pain

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Removed the stent this morning. Was not that bad. Loaded up on pills and did it in the shower. The spasms that occurred about an hour later were horrible. Ended up in the ER for pain control.

Bendable- What pills are you taking? The lab screwed my 24hr urine test up so I have to do that again. I am on a low oxalate diet.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest tyong it to a door knob and slamming the door! Just kidding! Glad everything came out alright!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
In the last 1.5 years I have passed routinely 3 stones. 3-4mm each. Starting in 1998 I have passed several, and 2 they took out through the front door, and left a stent. Luckily none over 5-6mm. The very first one in 1998 they doped me with morphine and demerol. It was that bad. Afterwards I took no pain killers on any stone.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post