SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago Police Officer shot and killed
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Police Officer shot and killed Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Well done, be thou at peace

Thoughts and prayers to his family, both by blood and by blue

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Saw this on the news this evening. Sorry for your loss guys.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Very sorry Klusk. Especially sorry for family of Commander Bauer.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Klusk2,

So Sorry for Your loss.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to read this. He sounded like a good man and a great boss. RIP.

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
RIP Bother..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
RIP, Commander Bauer.
Condolences to his family, friends and those who worked with and under him.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
RIP Commander Bauer. Judging from the comments above, I wonder if he was too kind and trusting. Perp got off multiple rounds, perhaps 5 from what a bystander stated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20180213-story.html

Don't speculate or rely on what the news media said. Commander Bauer went down fighting with this thug in a manner that will make even the most harshest Police critic proud. He performed like a true warrior and we all should be proud. Sometimes a guy goes up the chain of Command and never stops being the Police no matter how many stars he has on his collar. Commander Bauer was one of them. He was NOT your typical Police executive. A while back he became quite vocal about the "catch and release" method of criminal justice in Chicago. He never stopped fighting the good fight or doing what's best for the citizens of Chicago and the men and women in his Command. He was a true gem.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Damn. I'm sorry to hear guys. Take care of each other.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Damn guys. Thinking of you Frown

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
That sucks! RIP Commander Bauer. Deepest condolences to his family at home and his family on the job.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
RIP Commander Bauer. Judging from the comments above, I wonder if he was too kind and trusting. Perp got off multiple rounds, perhaps 5 from what a bystander stated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20180213-story.html

Don't speculate or rely on what the news media said. Commander Bauer went down fighting with this thug in a manner that will make even the most harshest Police critic proud. He performed like a true warrior and we all should be proud. Sometimes a guy goes up the chain of Command and never stops being the Police no matter how many stars he has on his collar. Commander Bauer was one of them. He was NOT your typical Police executive. A while back he became quite vocal about the "catch and release" method of criminal justice in Chicago. He never stopped fighting the good fight or doing what's best for the citizens of Chicago and the men and women in his Command. He was a true gem.

This +1.

Over the last tree years, I came to know more about the man. He was indeed a rare guy. Vocal about crime, but had a real concern about the men and women of this job, and the people in the community. He was a true gentleman.

I always felt as if I was working "with" him and not "for" him. There were many times I was on a high risk stop or job, and who'd I see backing me up, Paul Bauer. He wasn't there to critique, supervise or check up on us, he was there as a man, a fellow officer. I can count on one hand, possibly two, all the people I've had in my lifetime that have earned my respect. He was at the top of my list. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't give that praise out lightly. I am old school through and through. Respect is earned and not merely given. I can honestly say that we have lost a great man and fellow officer.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Live feed of Cmdr. Paul Bauer’s funeral and the procession following will start at 10am central

nbcchicago.com

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
RIP, sir. Prayers for those who knew you.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
RIP sir.
Thank you for your service.
Prayers for your family, loved ones, and friends.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for the Commander, his family and those who served with him. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
RIP brother

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences to family and friends.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
RIP, sir.
Klusk, Bulldog, CPD SIG and others who worked with the man, deepest condolences.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post