SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glycine Airman SST-12 opinions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glycine Airman SST-12 opinions Login/Join 
posted
Any Members Have This Watch.How Do You Like It Can You Explain The Gmt hand ect thanks

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have the watch. But the GMT dial accounts for military time.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Glycine is decent value but their quality took a bit of a hit since invicta bought out the company. Is this a new production watch? What price are you looking at? Jomashop tends to have good deals on Glycine watches. I have a Combat 7 that was built right as Invicta was taking over so the quality is still there.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
575 delivered NIB

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i Belive This Model is before the merger

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The watch in question is powered by Glycine Calibre GL 293 movement (adopted around 2010 when the Swatch cut off supplying ETA movements to brands not in their Group). It gives 3 time zones: the first is your current time zone, indicated by the innermost markers as a 24 hour vice 12 hour dial which is why it has the PM AM notations. The independently operated red GMT hand tracks the time in two separate time zones: one is shown on the inner bezel; the other is indicated by the bidirectional rotating bezel controlled by the crown at 2 o’clock.

I much prefer the "normal" or "Classic" styling of Airman like my 2002 vintage Airman 46 employing an ETA 2893-2 movement which also gives 3 time zones in similar fashion although the inner local time is a 12 hour dial. It uses an exterior bezel for the third zone adjusted by loosening the locking threaded screw at 4 o'clock. Mine is pictured here with my 2000 vintage Glycine KMU46 Incursore. Reading my Airman shows 8:42 PM local, 1:42 AM GMT and 5:42 AM in Baghdad's time zone. The sweep second hand is hard to see as it is right over the minute hand.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Any One Else I Have Till Monday To Make Up My Mind

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Did you pull the trigger or not?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes i did today i will just have to get used to the gmt hand or have it removed.can that be done❓

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well1147:
yes i did today i will just have to get used to the gmt hand or have it removed.can that be done❓

Why?

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
to have a purist type watch in the design i wanted