SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Anybody Familiar With Florida Banking Laws?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Anybody Familiar With Florida Banking Laws? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Does a Credit Union in Florida have a statutory requirement, either state or federal, to respond to a request to close an account and remit the balance to the account holder within a specified time?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://codes.findlaw.com/fl/t...i-banks-and-banking/

Might find something there, although, simply go to the branch, request the balance, withdraw it and then ask for it to be closed.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
“We will forward your request to the main office.”

Main office acknowledged my request via email several days ago and said that they would inform me when the check was issued.

I have heard nothing and they have not responded to my requests for status update.

There is no reason that it should take this long to close an account and send me the balance.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Looks like according to Florida Statutes, state chartered credit unions may require up to 60 days notice you intend to withdraw shares and deposits.

CHAPTER 657
CREDIT UNIONS

657.033 Accounts.—

2) The credit union may require not more than 60 days’ notice of a member’s intention to withdraw shares and deposits.

LINK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post