SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Danky is back in the news........not in a good way.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danky is back in the news........not in a good way. Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05...fers-alleged-crimes/

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz threatened the chief of the U.S. Capitol Police with “consequences” for holding equipment that she says belongs to her in order to build a criminal case against a Pakistani staffer suspected of massive cybersecurity breaches involving funneling sensitive congressional data offsite.

The Florida lawmaker used her position on the committee that sets the police force’s budget to press its chief to relinquish the piece of evidence Thursday, in what could be considered using her authority to attempt to interfere with a criminal investigation.

The Capitol Police and outside agencies are pursuing Imran Awan, who has run technology for the Florida lawmaker since 2005 and was banned from the House network in February on suspicion of data breaches and theft.

“My understanding is the the Capitol Police is not able to confiscate Members’ equipment when the Member is not under investigation,” Wasserman Schultz said in the annual police budget hearing of the House Committee On Appropriations’ Legislative Branch Subcommittee.

“We can’t return the equipment,” Police Chief Matthew R. Verderosa told the Florida Democrat.

“I think you’re violating the rules when you conduct your business that way and you should expect that there will be consequences,” Wasserman Schultz said.

As one of eight members of the Committee on Appropriations’ Legislative Branch subcommittee, Wasserman Schultz is in charge of the budget of the police force that is investigating her staffer and how he managed to extract so much money and information from members.

In a highly unusual exchange, the Florida lawmaker uses a hearing on the Capitol Police’s annual budget to spend three minutes repeatedly trying to extract a promise from the chief that he will return a piece of evidence being used to build an active case.

“If a Member loses equipment and it is found by your staff and identified as that member’s equipment and the member is not associated with any case, it is supposed to be returned. Yes or no?” she said.

Police tell her it is important to “an ongoing investigation,” but presses for its return anyway.

A federal employee with knowledge of the situation and who requested anonymity told The Daily News Foundation’s Investigative Group that as House authorities closed in on Imran Awan and his brothers, a laptop used by Imran was hidden in an unused crevice of the Rayburn House Office Building. Wasserman Schultz’s office is in Longworth House Office Building, a separate structure.

The laptop was later found by Capitol Police and seized because it was relevant to the criminal investigation, the source said.

The investigation is examining members’ data leaving the network and how Awan managed to get Members to place three relatives and a friend into largely no-show positions on their payrolls, billing $4 million since 2010.

The congresswoman characterizes the evidence as “belonging” to her and argues that therefore it cannot be seized unless Capitol Police tell her that she personally, as opposed to her staffer, is a target of the investigation.

When TheDCNF asked Wasserman Schultz Monday if it could inquire about her strong desire for the laptop, she said “No, you may not.” After TheDCNF asked why she wouldn’t want the Capitol Police to have any evidence they may need to find and punish any hackers of government information, she abruptly turned around in the middle of a stairwell and retreated back to the office from which she had come.

Her spokesman, David Dameron, then emerged to say “We just don’t have any comment.”

Though on the surface Wasserman Schultz would have been a victim of Awan’s scam, she has inexplicably protected him, circumventing the network ban by re-titling him as an “adviser” instead of technology administrator.

Politico described him and his wife, Hina Alvi, as having a “friendly personal relationship” with both Wasserman Schultz and Rep. Gregory Meeks of New York.

That baffled a Democratic IT staffer, who said “I can’t imagine why she’d be that good of friends with a technology provider.”

“Usually if someone does bad stuff, an office is going to distance themselves” rather than incur political fallout for a mere staffer, he added.

Wasserman Schultz resigned as Chairman of the Democratic National Committee in 2016 after Wikileaks published thousands of internal emails obtained by an as-yet unidentified hacker.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Danky is back in the news........not in a good way.

Has there ever been a good way?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Danky is back in the news........not in a good way.

Has there ever been a good way?
Yes, when she was flushed as the DNC chair

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ugh, she is so vile.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Tehehehehe.

Debbie is trouble and she knows it.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
soooo many interesting tidbits in that article.

I'm not sure there is a big enough drain to drain the swamp...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be out of line, but isn't this exactly what the USAG should be looking into? Doesn't pass the smell test.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Corrupt as ever. Good to see some things never change. It would be icing if she goes to jail over this.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Well then, I expect CNN should be calling for some type of action concerning obstruction of justice then. They seem to be really concerned about it lately.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
soooo many interesting tidbits in that article.

I'm not sure there is a big enough drain to drain the swamp...

She would most certainly be the greasy hairball clogging the drain...

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Arrest her...

.. wait for it...

... Book her Dan-o

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
And meanwhile.......

A criminal suspect in an investigation into a major security breach on the House of Representatives computer network has abruptly left the country and gone to Pakistan, where her family has significant assets and VIP-level protection, a relative and others told The Daily Caller News Foundation’s Investigative Group.

Hina Alvi, her husband Imran Awan, and his brothers Abid and Jamal were highly paid shared IT administrators working for multiple House Democrats until their access to congressional IT systems was terminated Feb. 2 as a result of the investigation. Capitol Police confirmed the investigation is ongoing, but no arrests have been reported in the case.

The Awans are “accused of stealing equipment from members’ offices without their knowledge and committing serious, potentially illegal, violations on the House IT network,” according to Politico. Many of the Democrats who employed the Awans are members of the House Committee on Homeland Security, the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. (A list of potentially compromised members is listed below.)

Their positions gave them access to members’ emails and confidential files. In addition, Imran was given the password for an iPad used by then-Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Florida Democrat. The five came to the U.S. from Pakistan.

Since the investigation became public, the Awans have abruptly moved from longtime homes in Lorton and Springfield, Va.

Imran and Hina recently withdrew their children from their schools, according to members of the Holly Elementary and Lorton Station Middle school communities. Multiple people said Hina told them she was headed to Pakistan where the family has significant property.

Real estate records show Hina listed both the Lorton house and an apartment she owns for sale.

“I came to know from one of their relatives that Hina Alvi and her daughters are moved to Pakistan, Hina Alvi saying ‘we have moved here in Pakistan permanently,'” the Awans’ stepmother, Samina Gilani, told TheDCNF.

Two other sources close to the family, who requested anonymity because they believe it is a “national security issue,” also said that Hina has gone to Pakistan.

Gilani said in court documents the Awan brothers have convinced Pakistani officials that they are VIPs and travel the country with a police motorcade — an assertion that seemingly gives them a major incentive to seek protection there, as well as raising questions about how the computer jockeys obtained that status.

Other court documents and multiple people involved in various financial disputes with Imran told TheDCNF that he was quick to represent himself as “from the U.S. Congress” in personal matters.

The family received more than $4 million in congressional pay, yet their lifestyles in the U.S. were not overly luxurious. Gilani said significant assets were stored in Pakistan.

When Imran and Hina moved out of their 3,200 square foot home in Lorton, Imran told a neighbor he was moving into a home his father, who died Jan. 16, previously occupied.

“They lived there nine years,” the neighbor told TheDCNF. “I saw a moving truck a month ago, and he said he was moving to his dad’s house.”

Abid also moved out of his longtime Springfield home, the new tenants told TheDCNF.

Gilani said Abid moved into their deceased father’s home with his wife and kids, and Imran moved in as well but without his family.

A third family also lives in the 2,400 square foot house, further indicating that Imran’s wife and kids are unlikely to be joining him. A female African immigrant at Shah’s house said she began renting a portion of the house in April with her numerous children.

That Springfield home is where Gilani, the stepmother, lived with the Awan’s father until his death. She fled after the brothers threatened to have her relatives in Pakistan kidnapped if she didn’t cooperate in a financial scheme, she told TheDCNF, echoing statements made in court documents.

A large U.S. House of Representatives seal is now displayed prominently on a first-floor window of the house.

Imran, who has worked for Wasserman Schultz since 2005, “boasted he had many contacts in USA and Pakistan also. He also said that if [I called even] the whole United States police on them,” he would not face consequences, Gilani told TheDCNF. “Imran Awan threatened that he is very powerful” and would use that power to have people kidnapped in Pakistan, she said in court documents.

Tenants of one property Hina owns said she has been unable to pick up rent recently and has not returned calls.

“All contact with her turned off,” the tenant said. “The switch off [to dealing with Imran instead] was odd.”

Imran ordered the renters not to cooperate with law enforcement, the renter said, adding that he told him to begin making out rent in the form of a blank check and giving it to a realtor.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05...tection-in-pakistan/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
She looks kind of like Don Knotts when she's mad.
How is this germane to the conversation?

How do you get to 20,000 posts in this forum and not know that we do not make comments about the appearance of others?

If she were beautiful, what would it matter? If she did and said the same things, believed the same things and acted the same way, what difference does it make how she looks?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
That baffled a Democratic IT staffer, who said “I can’t imagine why she’d be that good of friends with a technology provider.”

Maybe Debbie was doing Awan?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
IIRC, the family in general was doing an awful lot of computer work for Danky as congressweasel, a few other congressweasels, and the DNC. Danky and a few others are now the targets of a lawsuit backed by the Bernieites ( http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-robbed-in-2016.html ). There's no way of knowing what the computer gang has on her and the DNC as of yet, but there seem to be a few interesting possibilities. Either way, Dankie's reaction sure makes me wonder what they've got on her.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
She looks kind of like Don Knotts when she's mad.
How is this germane to the conversation?

How do you get to 20,000 posts in this forum and not know that we do not make comments about the appearance of others?

If she were beautiful, what would it matter? If she did and said the same things, believed the same things and acted the same way, what difference does it make how she looks?

You are entirely right, Para. Her appearance makes no difference whatsoever.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Maybe Debbie was doing Awan?
Maybe Arwan was blackmailing Debbie and that is why she wants the laptop back

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
From the story "The congresswoman characterizes the evidence as “belonging” to her and argues that therefore it cannot be seized unless Capitol Police tell her that she personally, as opposed to her staffer, is a target of the investigation."

Does she not get that if a gun is stolen and used in the commission of a crime, that gun is still "evidence" in regards to the crime? Seems that a lawmaker would understand such stuff, but then again, she's not at all a bright nor intelligent person. I will go one further and say that this will quickly end up biting her and possibly more Dems in the ass once they find the levels of corruption these assholes were guilty of. I am also getting hints of espionage from this whole situation. There could have been state secrets being passed to the Paki's (and others) willing to pay for said information. This may well expose the Clinton Crime Family for what it is and those that support it.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Each time I read about these particular IT folks I'm sincerely surprised that any Pakistani (or any person of any similar origin including our friends in India) ever got a job of such a high level capacity within our government without having been vetted to such an extraordinary degree that it was determined that their loyalty to country (ours) is as impeccable as a great-great-(x10) grandchild of George Washington may be, so to speak...

I don't think we ought to *prevent* them from having such jobs simply based on race or country of origin, but fucking-A we ought to be extra careful when we do offer them key govt jobs, and sincerely careful, not simply as an excuse to deny, and it seems we don't.

And bear in mind, I've worked with tons of similar folks in the IT world, the vast majority of whom are good and honorable people who are good workers, but I'm no Congressman, and the things we worked on together weren't as important as Fed Gov operations...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So a member of congress thinks they're above the law. Shocking.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post