SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Russia subway bomb blast

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Russia subway bomb blast Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
At least one bomb blast on a subway train in St. Petersburg, Russia, killed an estimated 10 people and wounded as many as 50 more Monday, Russian officials said, in what President Vladimir Putin called a possible act of terror.

One of the blasts came from a device that appeared to be filled with shrapnel, Sky News reported. Putin said investigators were looking into all possible causes. Russia's Fontanka newspaper reported that an unexploded device turned up at a different subway station as crews worked to deactivate it.

The train was traveling between two stations in the center of the city, investigators said. Photos and video from the Sennaya Ploshchad station appeared to show wounded victims on the smoke-filled platform, and a train car with a door blown out. Frantic commuters reached out through the doors and windows, shouting, "Call an ambulance!"

Nobody immediately claimed responsibility for the blast. Andrei Kibitov, spokesman for the St. Petersburg governor, told Russian television 10 people were killed and 50 injured.

"People were bleeding, their hair burned," a witness told Russia's Life News. "My girlfriend was in the next car that exploded. She said that he began to shake. When she came out, she saw that people were mutilated."

Trains and train stations have been common targets for terrorist attacks in Russia and throughout much of Europe, analysts point out. In 2009, a bomb exploded on a high-speed train heading from Moscow to St. Petersburg, killing 27 people.

Crews closed all subway stations in St. Petersburg Monday and evacuated passengers, administration officials said. Ambulances and other medical teams rushed to the scene.

Russia's National Anti-Terrorism Committee vowed to tighten security at all of the country's critical transportation centers.

"The causes are not clear, it's too early. We will look at all possible causes, terrorism as well as common crime," Putin responded.

The Russian president offered condolences to the families of the victims. He was visiting the city Monday and held talks with the president of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...g-train-station.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
With all the security we have centered around air travel, it's amazing that there is virtually none for intra-city travel. If someone were to target a metro rail car in the U.S. it would be just as, if not more, devastating.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
With all the security we have centered around air travel, it's amazing that there is virtually none for intra-city travel. If someone were to target a metro rail car in the U.S. it would be just as, if not more, devastating.

Unless we learn to profile and target, there will always be a vulnerability these islamo-fascists can exploit. Modern societies would have to eschew liberty and adopt a full on police State to continue a PC based security. Look at air travel. What a colossal fustercluck. And it continues to get more fusterclucky as time passes. Imagine every aspect of your life like that.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Without doubt a human tragedy.

I wonder how intense Putin's response will be.

Is it not about time that governments finally start dealing with these sub-humans?

As in do the damned work to ID them, locate them, and kill them.

Wonder how long it will be before this shit starts here. We have "accepted" millions of people into this country without any screening.

I would be shocked to find that there were no islamic terrorists in this country.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Without doubt a human tragedy.

I wonder how intense Putin's response will be.

Is it not about time that governments finally start dealing with these sub-humans?.

The Soviets are not prone to the Liberal PC viewpoints that plague the US. The response will be proper, prompt and no doubt very violent.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I will point out that this could be a false flag attack ordered by Putin. He HAS done this before in order to deflect publicity from his failures.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I will point out that this could be a false flag attack ordered by Putin. He HAS done this before in order to deflect publicity from his failures.

I'd say Most Probably a False Flag event... But hey, what would I know...

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
quote:

Yep. And in other news, 911 was an inside job, we never landed on the moon, and the Earth is flat.

Seriously, 99.9% of the time when it smells like Mohammedan terrorism, it is Mohammedan terrorism. Why do so many people look at these and say, "Maybe this time it was false flag or maybe this time it was the damned Amish.

I'd place an even money bet that within a week some bearded freak will come out and claim responsibility. Any takers?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It probably was Muslim terrorism. However if you remember the 5 apartment building bombings in Moscow, from years ago, that was most definitely done by the KGB. Right after that Putin came to power, ostensibly to protect Russian citizens from Chechen rebels.

Numerous Russian journalists investigating the apartment blasts have been killed off. One of them was Alexander Litvinenko, killed by drinking plutonium laced tea in a London coffee shop. With Putin, anything is possible.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This isn't a random conspiracy theory. His involvement in the bombings in pretty well documented.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...as-putin-responsible

quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
quote:

Yep. And in other news, 911 was an inside job, we never landed on the moon, and the Earth is flat.

Seriously, 99.9% of the time when it smells like Mohammedan terrorism, it is Mohammedan terrorism. Why do so many people look at these and say, "Maybe this time it was false flag or maybe this time it was the damned Amish.

I'd place an even money bet that within a week some bearded freak will come out and claim responsibility. Any takers?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Yeah, except that the Russians under Putin did in fact plant and detonate explosives in Russia in order to justify Putin's invasion of Chechnya. Muslims? Could be. Putin? Could be.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would be worthless as a false flag if the KGB took responsibility, so your money is probably safe.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
fusterclucky

darthfusterclucky, even.

Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

It's not like the TSA hasn't tried to get their hooks into this...

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/londo...ok&utm_medium=social

Saint Petersburg Suicide Bomber Tied to Radical Islamists

Saint Petersburg
by THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D.4 Apr 20171,274

The suspected perpetrator of a suicide bombing in a St Petersburg subway station Monday had ties to radical Islamist groups, according to the Russian news agency Interfax.
The Interfax report drew on a law enforcement source who also said that that an investigation of the blast scene suggested that a suicide bomber was responsible for the explosion that killed 14 people and injured 49 more.

Kyrgyzstan’s security service GKNB identified the suspected bomber as Akbarzhon Jalilov, a 22-year-old Kyrgyz-born Russian citizen. The GKNB also said that the Islamic State may have been involved in the terror attack.

Kyrgyzstan was a Soviet republic until it gained its independence in 1991. The mostly Muslim country with a population of some six million is a close political ally of Russia. Kyrgyzstan’s security services said they are “maintaining contact with the Russian secret service for further investigation.”

Not long after the bombing, Islamic State supporters began celebrating the attack on social media, although they have not yet claimed responsibility for the act.

One ISIS supporter claimed that the attacks were carried out in revenge for Russia’s backing of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s fight against ISIS and other rebel groups in Syria’s civil war.

The Islamic State recently published a poster showing a jihadi blowing up the Kremlin, accompanied by the message “kill them where you find them.”

Russia’s transport infrastructure has been repeatedly targeted by Islamist terror groups based in the North Caucasus over the past two decades.

In October, 2015, a bomb on board a civilian airliner travelling from Sharm el-Sheikh to Saint Petersburg killed 224 people, many of them Russians on holiday.

On that occasion, the Islamic State claimed responsibility for that attack, calling it retaliation for Russia’s military intervention in Syria.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be danged, another, ummm, Oriental? Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Nah. It's those dang Southern Baptist Orthodox Amish. The EXTREME radicals...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You know where you can shove that false flag?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
You know where you can shove that false flag?

dang dude, who took the gem out of your donut?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, since we're going to start with the conspiracy theories, this is locked. This subject is now off the table for discussion in this forum.

Gentlemen, I cannot stress to you enough how very unwelcome these conspiracy theories are in this forum and I assure you that this is not going to change here, not as long as I run the place.

Everyone here needs to understand that when you start with the conspiracy theories, I'm going to shut down the discussion.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107514 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post