SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone like the new GunBroker format? I hate it!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Does anyone like the new GunBroker format? I hate it! Login/Join 
posted
I hate GunBroker's new format and want to know if I'm the only one.
I've opened several GB Support issues on the subject and gotten only their stamp responses. My latest is a rant:

Let me break down the new vs old and why the new is terrible and needs to go away for good:
OLD FORMAT
*I log into GB.
*I click Welcome, than My GunBroker.
*A page opens with my entire watch list, my current bids, my recent purchases, and my entire saved searches.
*I scroll to the top and with one click I open my entire list of ended auctions.
NEW FORMAT
*I log into GB.
*I click Welcome, than My GunBroker.
*A page opens with 5 items from my watch list.
*I click a drop down to complete opening all my watch list items.
*I mouse to the left and click Bidding On to view that.
*I mouse to the left and click Won Items to view that.
*I mouse to the left and click Saved Searches.
*I click a drop down to complete opening all of my Saved Searches list.
*Now I want to view my Ended Auctions...
*I click Welcome, than My Gunbroker.
*I click View All Watchlist Items.
*I now have a huge list of current and ended items to hunt through.
*I always want easy access to all if the information at once, so I wind up with a long string of browser tabs, and constantly confuse which is which.

Do you people actually use GunBroker to shop and make purchases?
You're running a sales site to make money. I get it. You are ruining the customer interface and making it difficult and cumbersome for actual buyers and shoppers to navigate and make purchases. Gun buyers aren't like someone shopping for paint or hardware. We like to see what's available, ponder it, and make thorough examinations and comparisons before deciding to make bid attempts or buy it now sales. For the last several weeks I've been in the market for a very particular model hand gun. While the "OLD" GB option was available I was able to breeze through all of the windows with ease to view new listings, search for new listings and compare them to past auction items. When all is done I expect to make a 1000-1200$ purchase. If it wasn't a unique item I'd go to an online gun store and not waste my time on your site anymore. Your new format will absolutely hurt your sellers and your own bottom line. The old style is simple and fun to navigate. The new is frankly too much work. I also hate the viewing format. It's too spread out and gives me eye strain going from side to side of the screen to see all the information on the My GB page whether I'm on my desktop or iPhone 7.
Please come to your senses and revert to the old format for good. Perhaps you should try and pick a few guns to make mock purchases of and try it for a few weeks with old vs new formats and see for yourselves.
PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL UP THE CHAIN AND LET TOP MANAGEMENT UNDERSTAND THE FRUSTRATION OF THEIR USERS.
Thanks you,
cuda9030
User since 2009
(71 A+ feedback with many more actual purchases)

Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
i just sold off 20+ guns and had no problem other than getting used to the new - but imho the new format is better than what it has been in the past.

i have been using gb for years, about 250 transactions to date.

just my .02

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My crystal ball says this thread will die a quick death.

Q

Posts: 26337 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Liked the old better... and IBTL

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Have no dog in this fight.
How about suggesting they run both interfaces and let the customers decice over a period of time? Better suggestion, IMO, than to tell them to stuff the new and improved that very likely has cost them a coin or two.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
How about suggesting they run both interfaces and let the customers decice over a period of time? Better suggestion, IMO, than to tell them to stuff the new and improved that very likely has cost them a coin or two.

0-0

You’re halfway there; you still have to option to use either, but the old format is supposed to disappear. I don’t think broker is leaving it up to the users though.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I despise the new format. However I live in small town rural NC. If I want something other than the latest tupperware fantastic, GunBroker or a gun forum it is. In case I forgot to mention it, I hate the new GunBroker setup!

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

0-0

If you leave both user interfaces up forever, your maintenance costs (bug fixes, upgrades, etc.) just doubled. An expensive proposition. Typically a site will leave both available for a period of time but usually a year or less.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Yup, new format SUCKS Big Time!

That said, it seems that most any time something is New & 'Improved' I tend to disagree, finding the changes are not for the better IMO.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I prefer the older, but likely because I was so use to it.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Some websites cannot leave things alone when they're working just fine.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Another that prefers the old format.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Old Coke for me!

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure they sold and are run by another entity.

Another reason why this site is unique and is so appreciated by it's membership.

Let's remember that GB is a place that facilitates legal firearms sales. That makes a ton of people happy. And piss' off a whole lot as well.

I am not a fan of the new format and all the crap that comes along with it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually like change but this one is terrible in my opinion. The search function doesn't narrow things down nearly as good.

Also if you have a saved search that emails you when something in that field surfaces it's not even close to accurate. Paints way too wide of a brush. Plus they email the crap out of you.

I definitely wish the old format was still around.

Posts: 3905 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
IBTL too!

I hate a swift kick in the nuts a whole lot more.

The whole sewing needles to the eyes is up there too.

And I kinda dislike the new GB, but am slowly getting used to it...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like it at all. I'm not sure what they thought they were improving but it's worse.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Vonfatman-can't say enough good things about our recent transaction and the beautiful A303 I purchased. Nice to meet you here.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've been on GB for 15 years or so mainly as a buyer but I've sold a couple items. I'm not trying to make money but I don't want to pay too much.

Older S&W revolvers are my thing and I don't have trouble with search, in fact I like it. I normally highlight S&W all models and like seeing all the model #s listed. If I see a 581 nickel I click. I like 5" model 27s, there is a filter for barrel length, just takes a couple clicks. I like Browning BAR .22s and like being able to filter out all calibers except .22lr. I have a watch list where I keep guns I'm interested in seeing what final price is and if I don't prune it I suppose I could go back a long time.

I don't recall liking the old format any better and really don't remember the old format very well.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate the new.
With the old format as soon as I hit My GunBroker a page appeared with all my watched items, recent buys, bids and saved searches. 1 click opened all my watched but ended items.
Now I need to first expand my watch list then hunt all over the place for the other features that used to be on one page.
Old: Simple and elegant
New: Click hunt click hunt click click click...

Sure, you can get used to most anything, but a sharp stick in the eye is still a sharp stick in the eye.