SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stupid iTunes question...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid iTunes question... Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
My elderly Uncle wants me to load some music on an iPod for him (his Cd's)
Do I need to create a temporary user account on my Macbook to make his iTunes account?

I'm brain-farting...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I believe so Frown

Edited: you could just create an "uncle-only" playlist and sync that.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
My elderly Uncle wants me to load some music on an iPod for him (his Cd's)
Do I need to create a temporary user account on my Macbook to make his iTunes account?

I'm brain-farting...

No, but you should!

I do that for a few family members who don't have a computer to back up to.
I make a user logon for each, and back up their phone including and adding their photos to the photo app. I have the room so that doesn't bother me. I never see their stuff in normal use but can be the hero and save the day for them if they brake or loose their phone, has already happened once. I update the backup a few times a year as it is convenient.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

No, but you should!

I do that for a few family members who don't have a computer to back up to.
I make a user logon for each, and back up their phone including and adding their photos to the photo app. I have the room so that doesn't bother me. I never see their stuff in normal use but can be the hero and save the day for them if they brake or loose their phone, has already happened once. I update the backup a few times a year as it is convenient.

You're right! I will!
the least I can do....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post