SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NeverWet: Anybody Ever Used It?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NeverWet: Anybody Ever Used It? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
G'day,

I've long wanted a duster. Maybe too many cowboy movies as I grew up. Anyway, problem is: Traditional dusters are oiled canvas. Great if you're actually out on the plains herding cattle or out mending fences on the ranch or whatnot, but maybe not so great for the suburban cowboy Wink

There's a company makes a denim version, probably much lighter and much more comfortable, that's claimed to be more-or-less "water resistant."

Then I remembered seeing a product a few years ago that claimed to make anything essentially water proof. It was a two-step application process. I haven't found that, but I did find a Rust-Oleum one-step product called NeverWet.

Anybody here have any experience with NeverWet, or anything like it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got a cunning plan
posted Hide Post
I tried it on a tank bag on my motorcycle. It seemed to work well enough. I know the place where I got the overspray on my deck rail beads water like mad in the rain.

Posts: 987 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: October 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
They still sell the 2-step product, but that's meant more for non-porous surfaces. It's called NeverWet Liquid Repelling Treatment.

For fabric, such as leather, suede, cotton, polyester and the like, they have the Fabric Water Repelling Treatment, and also Hunting & Outdoor Fabric Water Repelling Treatment.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post