SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zipper Lubricant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zipper Lubricant Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
If it's a metal zipper, sharpen a pencil and rub it directly on the teeth. Graphite is an excellent lube for metal.

For plastic teeth, you try a pencil, but I agree with everyone here that suggests chapstick.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Thread title just sounds wrong.......

at least I'm not the only one who expected the punchline of, "sheep can hear a zipper at 100 yards".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest petroleum jelly.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Get some damn grease.” Razz

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Based on the thread title, I thought it was going to be a punch recipe.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Or rub some whale blubber on it...

Now that’s going old school Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I like to use bees wax for that.

+1 It works wonders on tough zippers!

This stuff works great too.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the Cleaners I used to take dry cleaning to gave out complimentary zipper lube. It was just like ARman said - it was like a colorless crayon - paraffin.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I like to use bees wax for that.

+1 It works wonders on tough zippers!

This stuff works great too.

I use Kendall Door Eaze Probably the same product, works well and is non staining

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post